Why become a member? Read more... ×
Frank Blank

Fender Modern Player Jazz Lined Fretless £200 ***SOLD***
£200

Fender Modern Player Jazz Lined Fretless - £200 ***SOLD***

Edited by Frank Blank
Now sold

Wow! That's a superb bass for that sort of money :o

if I needed a fretless... This would be mine now.

GLWTS Frank

• Like 1

Looks like Christmas is coming early to some lucky standard-scale fretless player!  Unfortunately, I don't qualify on both counts ☹️

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Wow! That's a superb bass for that sort of money :o

if I needed a fretless... This would be mine now.

GLWTS Frank

Cheers. I just hate instruments just sitting and not getting played, it’s a crime.

6 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Looks like Christmas is coming early to some lucky standard-scale fretless player!  Unfortunately, I don't qualify on both counts ☹️

My conversion to short scale is another reason for the sale, this would be a great Xmas present for a newbie to fretless.

Hi, are the side dots on the fretline, or in between (like a fretted neck?)

I love these basses, the pickup configurations are Fab.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Hi, are the side dots on the fretline, or in between (like a fretted neck?)

I love these basses, the pickup configurations are Fab.

Thanks.

Dots are between the lines as on a fretted bass (see new pic below). The pickup config was a big part of why I got this bass initially.

fullsizeoutput_334.jpeg

14 minutes ago, boywonder said:

?

Sorry @boywonder, not looking for trades or swaps on this one, the money is going towards new gear.

25 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Dots are between the lines as on a fretted bass (see new pic below). The pickup config was a big part of why I got this bass initially.

fullsizeoutput_334.jpeg

OK thanks for pic update. 

2 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

On hold pending sale.

If this falls through I’ll jump in line for it!

36 minutes ago, Paddy515 said:

Strange but my Modern Player Chinese made Jazz has 4 pots on the control plate?

This is mk1.

yours is mk2, slightly different pickups too.

• Like 2

And as usual, I have no dosh and arrive too late...  (also I put a defret neck on my Farida J, which works well enough).  Ah well...

1 hour ago, alyctes said:

And as usual, I have no dosh and arrive too late...  (also I put a defret neck on my Farida J, which works well enough).  Ah well...

Sorry dude, there’s a bit of a queue!

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc S
      Price Drop: Now £400
      In my eternal quest for the "perfect jazz", I'm selling this rather lovely (quite new) MIM Jazz bass, in near mint condition. 
      I'm selling to make room & funds my next purchase... (aren't we all? lol)
      It looks a real beauty, in stunning condition (one teeny tiny ding I can see - but can't get my phone to focus on). I think this one is a very recent model (MX1793063636 serial number) and has a Pau Ferro fretboard, which I like the look of.
      The last owner never gigged it, and didn't seem to play it much as far as I can see. The strings still sound brand new. Weight is around 4.3kg (I'll get an accurate weight soon)

Normally, I'm not fussed on white scratchplates - so I bought a Tort one which was listed as being suitable to fit a MIM Jazz - all the screw holes seem to line up perfectly. On this bass, I think the white scratchplate looks rather nice, and quite classy - so I decided to leave it there. You can have the tort one if you prefer - I'll even chuck both in, so you can dither and ponder about swapping them yourself  

I'm now throwing in a choice of either a Fender Red badge shaped hard case, or an old Roadworn brown G&G Fender bass case (I believe this was from an AVRI)
      No trades please.
      Collection from near Cardiff. Or we could possibly arrange to meet up - I hate posting basses, and would much prefer you tried it. I've got a vox battery headphone amp, and a Roland Micro bass amp to test without mains, if we meet at motorway services

EDIT: Tea provided at my place, when you come to test drive.

• By artisan
      £350 collected
      Just spotted my next cab so price dropped big time - collection only.
      This is a silly price for a cracking 4x10
      I won't sell it any cheaper so please don't ask 😁
      Was £759 New so this is just like brand new & less than half the price.
      Fender Bassman Neo 410 in totally immaculate condition 
      Eminence USA speakers
      Removable casters
      Sounds immense with either modern amps or all valve amps,rich & punchy with a very musical adjustable horn.
      1 year old & only left the house 8 times for gigs so it is in extremely good nick with no damage.
      Comes with a Roqsolid cover,also in mint condition.
      Collection only
      I'm based in Harrogate 
      Cheers

• By Leftbass
      Moving this very nice bass on. Classic looks and sound. Very good condition. No dinks or chips. Comes in original case. Postage around about £25. Collection welcome

• By knirirr
      Unfortunately, this bass must go up for sale due to lack of space and funds (so no trades, I'm afraid). Originally bought on this forum, it's a WD Music neck (dots on both sides so a left-hander could presumably use it) with an ebony board on a body made by Ernie McMillen. The pickups are Villex passive (stacked volume, passive mid and treble cut) and although there's a panel on the back there's nothing underneath it. The strings currently fitted are LaBella Copper white nylon, .050-.105. With the light body and these low tension strings I've found very comfortable to play. 
      I discovered that a crackling neck pickup volume control seems to have been a loose wire - I'll have to re-solder this if I can find my soldering iron or borrow one. Everything else seems to be in order.
      There's no case/bag or strap. Collection would be preferred so it can be tried; I'm working in Oxford and live in West Oxfordshire, and could perhaps meet somewhere or deliver for petrol money. If required to post it would probably have to be Parcelforce and I might have to take the neck off - I've had to do this to adjust the truss rod for the strings mentioned above and there wasn't any problem.
      Please ask if you have any questions.

• By podvodoy
      For sale this amazing Lakland 55-94 DLX  Fretless in cherry sunburst 

specs can be found on their website http://www.lakland.com/55-94.htm 

A big scratch on the body (see pics), scuff on the neck and ding on the head, hence the price. Was acquired already being like this about 10 years ago, hasn't become worse, plays all well. 

Serial No 6423  

Comes in Gator hardcase

Bass in London, cash on pickup, please.