Why become a member? ×

More great service...

TheGreek

Always happy to leave positive feedback for great customer service - especially when, as we well know, many companies have no interest in building a loyal customer base or a positive reputation.

After doing some research and finding these were well regarded and highly recommended, I recently purchased a set of Vox amPhones like these from eBay.

Vox amPhones Bass Headphones

Though still working, the seller didn't mention that the jack plug had been crushed and repaired with some Duck tape, which meant the occasional intermittent break in the signal.

After a partial refund from the seller, I took the headphones to my local electrical repair shop, only to be advised that the cable/plug can't be re-soldered. Just my luck!!

I contacted the UK Distributors for Korg/Vox, in Milton Keynes and spoke to their Spares & Repairs Team.  Obviously, having bought the headphones used from eBay, meant I had no statutory rights the team there, recognising my predicament, said they would try to go that extra mile and do the repair anyway. 

Decision couldn't be made there but, with the support of the Returns Team (Cheers Clive and Sandra) who negotiated on my behalf and,  though they couldn't do the repair without charge, they agreed to the next best thing and sent me the part I required FOC. This means I can go to my local electrical repair shop (or possibly my niece's husband who does this sort of thing) and have the cable/jack replaced.

Happy compromise for me. As we know many companies wouldn't have been approachable on this but Clive and Sandra were thoroughly civil, polite and happy to negotiate an amicable outcome for both company and me. 

I couldn't really ask for  much more...reputation says "great item", I say "great service too".

If you're after some 'phones for somebody you love (you??) this Xmas have a serious think about a pair of these. They'll be ideal for  events like the LBGS too. I will have no hesitation in going back to Korg/Vox next time I have some electrical needs.

Thanks again and a Merry Xmas to the Repairs Team at Korg/Vox and a Merry Xmas.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 4

I bought a pair new (and amazingly bothered to register them when I bought them) that failed after 18 months and they were were replaced f.o.c. (again it was Sandra that sorted it and apologised) after their repair team quoted me £60 plus £30 shipping to repair them and then realised that they can't actually repair them (discreet electronics circuit board) and can't do anything except replace the lead as that is the only service item available. I contacted Audio-Technica and they couldn't help either and they couldn't provide the circuit diagram even though they make them for Vox.

The lead is too fine for the intended use imho