Why become a member? ×

This bassline is impossible.....

Newfoundfreedom

i dont think  michael manring or jhon patitucci or michael league ever made that much money from playing bass , making a living /career on YT  and making a living being a musician is  2 separate things . 

Davide makes a living  doing videos that features a bass guitar 

the guys named above (just few names but there are thousand of them ) make money playing bass that are features in video (videos being a secondary way of get their names out there .

Before youtube people used to buy magazines to discover new bass player,  new bands,  new sound ....,

so for a second just swap youtube for a bass mag for ex 

so ..... Davide writes magazines about bass and he makes a great living   .(probably better then the people featured in the magazine 

The people featured in the magazine , thats what i care about  no who write the magazine. 

again personal opinion . 

Jeezz. . . .  there's some arrogant twaddle being posted on this thread.

Do any of you know what this guy does or has done? Obviously he has a Youtube channel, but what else? (cue lots of internet searches!)

He is plainly an excellent player, with superior technical ability. That isn't magicked out of thin air, so he's paid he dues in one way or another. So with no knowledge of the guy and not knowing what else he does, you feel you can make unrealistic assumptions, negative comments and pronounce this guy as unworthy. Listen to yourselves!!

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

i dont think  michael manring or jhon patitucci or michael league ever made that much money from playing bass , making a living /career on YT  and making a living being a musician is  2 separate things . 

Davide makes a living  doing videos that features a bass guitar 

the guys named above (just few names but there are thousand of them ) make money playing bass that are features in video (videos being a secondary way of get their names out there .

Before youtube people used to buy magazines to discover new bass player,  new bands,  new sound ....,

so for a second just swap youtube for a bass mag for ex 

so ..... Davide writes magazines about bass and he makes a great living   .(probably better then the people featured in the magazine 

The people featured in the magazine , thats what i care about  no who write the magazine. 

again personal opinion . 

Go watch a Manring video then. 

Sorry I did not mean to upset or offend anyone .... and I don't think I did . 

As I ve said in the post above I ve said that he is talented !

i never offended or said that the guy  is not a talented bass player 

does the guy know how to play his instrument ? Absolutely ! 

He s he talented ? Absolutely 

can I play like him ! Not in a hundred years 

does he  move me ? No 

does he inspire me ? No 

did I  learn anything ?no 

all I meant to say is that make a living as Ytouber or make as a musician are 2 different things ! 

Take for instance Jesus Rico from this forum 

he is also making video on YouTube ! He writes is own music has couple of albums out but he's video they are not edited like Davide 

does jesus knows how to play bass ? Absolutely 

does inspire me ? Hell yes 

does it move me ? Hell yes 

do I watch his videos ? All the time

again I'm sorry if offended anyone 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The59Sound said:

No.

You can disable my posting rights but you can't ban me.

Gotta keep those advertisers happy with the 'high and active' user base...

I can do what I like! A ban is looking good right now. My advertisers will be happy too. 

Suggest you stay out of Off Topic or you’ll find you no longer have access. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone will ask him to play "Walking on the moon" while walking on the moon.

He's an entertainer who uses his ability at playing bass as the lynchpin of his entertainment. I don't understand why he should have to play in a band to somehow validate his existence. Or, indeed, why he should give a flying fig what a load of considerably-less-listened-to bassists say on an obscure web forum.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 14/12/2018 at 09:59, Newfoundfreedom said:

I find most of this guy's YouTube videos pretty annoying if I'm honest

Yes. Pointless, self-congratulatory masturbation. Great technique at the service of nothing.

Edited by oZZma

What I find interesting about this video is how he's not bothering to mute his lower E and A strings at all. When I posted a video of my own playing on SBL (this one in fact some of the feedback said I could with learning to mute my bottom strings more.. so how is he getting away with this where I can't? 

6 minutes ago, lowdowner said:

What I find interesting about this video is how he's not bothering to mute his lower E and A strings at all. When I posted a video of my own playing on SBL (this one in fact some of the feedback said I could with learning to mute my bottom strings more.. so how is he getting away with this where I can't? 

6 minutes ago, lowdowner said:

look at the nut on his bass