Why become a member? ×

This bassline is impossible.....

Newfoundfreedom

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Looks fake to me.

His finger/fret positioning in a couple places should be resulting in choked notes, but they sound perfectly fine on the audio. 

Besides it's a video there's no guarantee that it is actually real.

Could be the camera angle, a lot of the time I fret practically on top of the fret (bad habit I know) but I have no issues with choked notes, I don't think its fake imho 

The guys got monstrous skills but I can't see why anyone would think that bassline would be 'impossible'.

There's clearly a lot to remember and a couple of very fast  sections, but I didn't see anything that technically difficult in there.

I don't see why the 'start as slow as you need then gradually increase the BPM on the metronome/drum machine' technique wouldn't work here.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 3

I hate this guy s videos and all the other like him .

Only youtubers .....  ! "Look at my 15 string bass solo " (rubbish) .

a talented bass player or musician is someone who actually makes a living (or writes  ) beautiful music . 

I don't get it ! 

Sometimes (most of the time ) I get annoyed from Scott D as well ! He is such amazing bass player and I had a chance to listen at his Ep (never released) which was unbelivable good   but prefer spending time making rubbish video (not all of them btw)  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

a talented bass player or musician is someone who actually makes a living (or writes  ) beautiful music . 

I don't get it ! 

Sometimes (most of the time ) I get annoyed from Scott D as well ! He is such amazing bass player and I had a chance to listen at his Ep (never released) which was unbelivable good   but prefer spending time making rubbish video (not all of them btw)  

With you there all the way. Music's about writing and/or performing tunes not onanism with a bass/guitar substitute! I've seen some of this guy's vids and yes he's technically advanced but unless this can be replicated in a band in front of an audience it's pointless.

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

I don't get it ! 

He'd scrape a living as a  working musician ( as many even big names do) and yet he is worth millions as a online Tutor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Music's about writing and/or performing tunes not onanism with a bass/guitar substitute! I've seen some of this guy's vids and yes he's technically advanced but unless this can be replicated in a band in front of an audience it's pointless.

Only in your opinion. 

That this video has over 10 million views would seem to indicates this guy certainly does have an audience, and it's more people that have been bothered to listed to any of us!

• Like 5

As I understand it, Davey504 has made over 1/2 a million quid from YouTube so is probably way more successful than anyone posting on here! 

Fair play to him I say, if he's making a living doing something he enjoys then surely he's doing it right?

• Like 5

Definitely more than anyone’s ever paid me to play bass! 

Although - probably a few quid less than many on here earned over the same 7yrs, in significantly more boring jobs. 

One of the neat ironies being a YouTube success, people that watch your videos and don’t like you, earn you money too. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Drax said:

Definitely more than anyone’s ever paid me to play bass! 

Although - probably a few quid less than many on here earned over the same 7yrs, in significantly more boring jobs. 

One of the neat ironies being a YouTube success, people that watch your videos and don’t like you, earn you money too. 

I doubt I'll make that much money over my entire lifetime doing mugs jobs that I absolutely hate, so fair play to the bloke. 

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Serious question :- how does he make money from YT. ?

Dave

Advertising.

I just read the whole thread and had few things to say, but then as I read further I found people writing what I wanted to anyway, so just clicked the like button few times - super easy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You may not like it (or him) but this is the style you have to adopt now to acheieve 'sucess' on social media and make serious money off of it. I know it's not your proper version of bass playing etc. etc. but he appeals to the kids and the kids are making him money.

How many people here would watch his video 'Can you play Korn with Corn?' Yeah... silence. Don't watch his channel then.