Why become a member? ×

NBD Ibanez SR1400 Mojito

Rollin Thunder

Plays as good as it looks, first Ibby tried a few cheaper ones in past  and they felt a bit lightweight and a bit like, for want of a better word toys, tried the natural coloured one in Gear4 in york and thought having this, but had to be the Mojito which looks a bit like a chocolate lime sweet. Been playing on it since i got home.

54598AF4-B519-4132-A1ED-D318777509B7.jpeg

8C4D8F01-5F8B-4688-B9A5-3A97A7E2FAEE.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

I keep looking at these on PMT. but they never have any in stock at the Brum one. I may have to make more of an effort to find one.

Andertons, £849 was £899 got 2 left now,  there usally like £1100 plus. Couldn’t help myself.

Edited by Rollin Thunder
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2018 at 21:39, Rollin Thunder said:

Plays as good as it looks, first Ibby tried a few cheaper ones in past  and they felt a bit lightweight and a bit like, for want of a better word toys, tried the natural coloured one in Gear4 in york and thought having this, but had to be the Mojito which looks a bit like a chocolate lime sweet. Been playing on it since i got home.

54598AF4-B519-4132-A1ED-D318777509B7.jpeg

8C4D8F01-5F8B-4688-B9A5-3A97A7E2FAEE.jpeg

That does look like it should taste nice.  I’d probably try to lick it.

6 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

I heard a demo of one of these (5 string) - haven't been able to find it again, but it has given me serious gas for the Nordstrand Big Singles - they sound fabulous! Great looking bass to go with the great sounding pickups!

You will find an enormous amount of love for the Nord big singles from Ibby owners (me included). You should definitely see if you can get your hands on an Ibby SR Premium to give it a spin. In my case, I was smitten at first play and the affair shows no sign of growing cold! :)

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You will find an enormous amount of love for the Nord big singles from Ibby owners (me included). You should definitely see if you can get your hands on an Ibby SR Premium to give it a spin. In my case, I was smitten at first play and the affair shows no sign of growing cold! :)

I don't get on with the necks, otherwise I think I would have succumbed ages ago - great quality and value.

44 minutes ago, 41Hz said:

How do these look in the flesh? I’ve looked at a few pictures and the green seems to vary from bright green to a duller darker green - could be they change a fair bit with ambient lighting? Also considering the natural flat SR1300.

Look like a warm green,  better in natural l light, not that we get much natural light this time of year, I'll take a few more pics.

Edited by Rollin Thunder

42 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I love these basses. I nearly bought one but ultimately they're just a bit too slim and sleek for my tastes. Stunning tone though, especially that front pickup with a bit of grit.

I alos thought of chocolate limes when I first saw one.

maybe next year they will do a Black current and liquorice flavour, or a rhubarb and custard

Edited by Rollin Thunder

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:21, Mykesbass said:

I heard a demo of one of these (5 string) - haven't been able to find it again, but it has given me serious gas for the Nordstrand Big Singles - they sound fabulous! Great looking bass to go with the great sounding pickups!

I always wonder about this. I owned one of the Buckeye Burl SR5s for a while (forget the model number; didn't realise it was Ltd or I'd have likely kept it, ergonomic issues or no), and have played several others with the Nordys. I think the basses can sound great, fantastic even, but I have to use the onboard eq fairly heavily to achieve something that works for me. Passive and flat I think they sound pretty weedy to be honest; for me it's only the combination of the pickups and onboard eq that works.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2019 at 13:24, Woodinblack said:

Oh why don't they do that colour for the 2405 - I would totally get that one. The 2405 is more like the tizer one, and I prefer the purple.

They make such good looking bass's with outrageous but still pleasant on the eye colours, I know aesthetics such not influence what bass you buy, but Ibanez back it up at this price range.