Why become a member? ×

Sold
£1450

krispn

Monique M700 Tardis .

- The three phase EQ of the Monique is a Baxandall, similar to that used in the Ampeg SVT. This non-interactive EQ gives you 20db plus and minus from the center of each control.

- Exceptionally low noise levels

- Sensitivity Control goes from pristine to rich harmonics, not overdrive,just heaps of character in a good way.

- All valve preamp - Two 6SL7, one 12AU7 and one EZ81

- Combo/Speakons (accept both 1/4" and Speakon cables) in parallel

- Line Level output (1/4" Single Ended TRS)

- XLR balanced DI output that is driven by a beautiful Cinemag transformer.The Line Level and the Balanced Output have their own separate level controls.

- "Clipping Detection" LED

- separate power switch for both Monique and the amplifier

Edited by krispn
Sold
  • Like 3

Wow krispn never thought I'd see the day!! I can only guess what a really tough decision you would have had in deciding to let this go, as I know how much you love the sound.

As Cuzzie has just said, krispn is a complete gent. 

GLWTS buddy. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the interest. As requested I’ve added some additional pictures below and I’ll update the main thread with more details. 

And to the gent who requested EU shipping as stated I’m happy to post if you’re up for insurance/shipping costs. All serious shipping discussions via pm and maybe we can split costs to make the deal that little sweeter. 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

Some queries over shipping - as stated in the ad  (post no 5)

"All serious shipping discussions via pm and maybe we can split costs to make the deal that little sweeter.  if you're keen we can discuss the costs."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah it’s an absolute delight. I’m using it in one of my bands where a straight up, big valve tone is perfect. Having the tube preamp/transformer on the DI is what really makes this one stand out. P bass pick up, flat wound strings, a bit of R-3-5 and it’s just deep and sits exactly where you want it to. I think for me it’s the treble control and really how well the whole EQ is voiced to sit with a band. Some amps have that really high top end but this just unobtrusively allows the bass to envelop the band around it’s EQ points without ever stomping all over the mix. 

Im quite happy to keep this amp and I’m using it exclusively with one of my bands for the reasons highlighted above. In my other band I have a more ‘boisterous’ amp which fits that set up beautifully too. I’m a lucky man!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Rich locked this topic