Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Caprice 2018 SOLD
£1325

martthebass

Not had this very long at all but we just aren’t getting enough time together.

This is an absolutely mint, pristine, as new 2018 MusicMan Caprice Bass in diamond blue. Only just taken the plastic off the scratch plate so even that is mark free. This is a passive bass with p and j position humbuckers.  The passive sound is very flexible and it’s easy to find a good sound in the mix - however I haven’t had the chance to get this honed down has its only been used in a couple of rehearsals at the studio.

I’ve reduced the bass to a very reasonable £1150, I have a dealer offer at this level so this is as low as it goes.

Apologies on the pooh quality of the iPad piccies, unfortunately no natural light in the frozen North at this time of year. I’d prefer a meet up as I don’t trust the post around the silly season, but will entertain travelling up to a radius of around 50miles around Sheffield.

Unfortunately UK sale only....

Edit, forgot to mention, these are very lightweight for a MM, this one comes in around 8lbs on my digital scales.

6FB64B8D-46B5-49D7-A54B-EC0E2BDE2332.jpeg

A0B91F42-FA4F-46E3-A2C9-57B285000989.jpeg

47C505EC-EE38-485B-B750-A93CEA4DC50B.jpeg

11FC12D7-D311-4D1D-B4D8-B2FF71B3B443.jpeg

B3FF0E7A-499D-412C-9D64-A284BF6B312F.jpeg

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 7

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:14, Mister RLP said:

These are lovely basses. Tried a few in GAK and Andertons. Great build. Sound good. Light. What’s not to like?

Spoiler

The pic's quality ? :lol::ph34r:

Yes, plus they look good and this is a very nice finish too

• Like 1

I tried the same model and same finish in a shop in Italy. 

Very nice passive tones, stunning looks

Both pickups are actually humbuckers, so no Hum on the bridge pickup soloed (favorite setting: 80pct neck 20pct bridge)

On a side note, I tried the Rosewood fingerboard model as well, but IMHO maple is the best option for this particular bass.

If only Mart Could change his mind and ship to Italy.. 😉

Anyway, great bass and great price; moreover Mart has been very helpful when I asked about his opinion on some aspects of this instrument, so there. I quote Quatchmacher: a true Gentleman. 

Good Luck!

Nico

• Like 1

Very nice of you to say Nicola.

I’m happy that you managed to find one local to you to try.  Interesting your comments on the rosewood board, I generally prefer this to maple but on this particular model (and particularly in this colour) I think the maple suits better.

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic