Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Mods please close. Fender Short Scale Jazz (Modern Player)
£500

Marc S

For Sale Only. Fender Short Scale Jazz Bass. NEAR MINT
I bought this from this very forum a while back - but it's not getting used, as I find the shift between 34" scale, DB and 30" scale a bit tricky
Despite there still being an ad somewhere on the net - these are no longer available, they haven't been available for some time, and are not often seen (particularly here in the UK)

Made in China, in the same factory as the Classic Vibe and Matt Freeman basses, this bass is a great quality build, and a lovely player, with a great sound from its' P/J pickups
It's in absolutely great condition (there's a tiny teeny scratch on it - I forget where, but you can hardly see it). The finish is actually metallic red, but that's hard to photograph - It's got a nice sparkle to it :) You could hang this bass up in a shop - it looks brand new. I have rarely played it since buying it

Collection only please (South Wales) or I could meet somewhere to hand it over (I've got headphones + battery amp for you to test it)
You rarely see these basses - so please don't start posting copies of the on-line adverts - they are NOT in stock, and haven't been for several years (the last import quota was never even met, apparently)
Comes with a Ritter Junior gigbag, which fits it nicely

No trades please - I'm trying to thin the herd
I'm only asking what I paid for it, and have seen these advertised for as much as 600 on eBay, or the same money, in not such great condition

IMG_20181007_161902936.jpg

IMG_20181007_161935066.jpg

IMG_20181014_142057967.jpg

IMG_20181014_142108062.jpg

Edited by Marc S

34 minutes ago, kristo said:

I'm so tempted to have this back...…. Probably a good job you're the other side of the country.

Save petrol.... come over & collect it on your pushbike! ;)
It's a cracking bass kristo - I'm just not using it since I got it....

These really are cracking Basses, the build quality on mine is exceptional plus the scale length makes them sooooooooo easy to play.

They also seem to be quite far and few between these days, as it  took me a couple years to find mine.

I think I saw a red one very recently on eBay & they were asking around £750.

ps - Santa is bringing me some Black Nylon La Bella Flats for Xmas - can't wait 🎅🏻😃👍👍

Edited by dodgnofski
Spelling
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul S said:

I have no interest in buying this bass but would just like to say that Marc is an absolutely top bloke to deal with.

(my usual fees, Marc - cheque, PayPal or bank transfer.  Your choice)

Aw shucks. Why thank you so much for the kind words Paul S (no relation! lol)
PS, my paypal account is not working.... do you accept Green Shield Stamps?
(there are a few of us on here who will understand that comment.....)

• Like 1

If this works - 'card carrying' Technophobe - this 'should' be a link to allegedly our very own Dood (respect 👍) and his excellent review of one ....

https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/issues/issue-30/reviews/fender-modern-player-short-scale-jazz-bass/

Edited by dodgnofski
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

...... the new price of the bass was significantly less than the used price......

I'm tempted to say that the price of a pre-CBS Precision was somewhat lower than what I see them changing hands for these days.

But seriously, the price (around £320) these MIC MP short scale basses were selling for when they could be purchased new from a shop, is but a distant memory. £500 seems to be around the average price they change hands for now. The dreamer on eBay who was asking £700+ was being somewhat optimistic. The £300 I recently paid for a mint one, was also an anomaly. I would have paid more. The seller only wanted to get back what he paid. £500 is a fair price, IMHO.

Pre CBS is more historic, and a landmark in an era.

JV squier’s hold a special place as well in their value.

In the grand scheme of things holding value, a Chinese made shortscale May not have the same gravitas no matter how well made it is or how few were made, especially with other well made short scales available and more popular now.

It is all IMHO as is yours, and I agree sellers prerogative, it’s a nice bass, but I think it’s movement is independent of the festive season.

Still though GLWTS

6 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Not hating, but it might be because the new price of the bass was significantly less than the used price it is listed as......

No, not hating - but attempting to under-value what someone else is selling, in the eyes of a prospective buyer? If you think it's over-priced, you were welcome to PM me, to say so.... At which point, I would challenge you to find one elsewhere for a cheaper price. These were quickly discontinued, because they were so well made. The last oders placed for them were never met .. throughout Europe. 

Without the aid of a crystal ball, I can't see how you alone are able to predict what it may sell for. One sold on eBay for around £600 a few months back

• ped locked this topic