Why become a member? ×

Ashdown OriginAL C112T and Hartke KB12

tobiewharton

I'm after a decent-sounding little kickback combo for monitoring and some rehearsal situations.  Has anyone got any experience with the Ashdown OriginAL C112T or Hartke KB12 (or, better still, experience with both)?  They look like reasonably-priced offerings, but nothing beats the BC hive mind for real-world info!

Cheers, 

Tobie

Hi there. Yes, I've currently got a KB12. It's not a bad little amp, if you don't expect too much. Very good for rehearsals. Will even go loud enough for small pub gigs. And quite a nice tone even when everything is set at 12 o'clock. Never used it for on stage monitoring but no reason to think it wouldn't be perfectly satisfactory. 

The only buts would be that it is very sensitive to placement, requiring a solid wall behind it to make the most of the two massive rear firing ports. And it's not as cheap now as it used to be. I got mine when PMT we're blowing them out for £220. I think they're much more than that now. So it makes a lot of sense as a £200 combo. Does it make the same sense at £3-400? Not quite so sure. But, if you can live within its limitations, it's a decent little combo.

• Thanks 1