Why become a member? ×

Stereo separation?

Basstech21

I think people tend not to use stereo live as only people in the sweet spot can appreciate it.

However, as a teenager I had a wicked set of PA cabs and a really cheap nasty stereo chorus pedal. With the rate setting all the way down so you couldn’t really determine the effect was on at all, it really added some sort of magic to the sound.

Im off to scour eBay for some dirt cheap 80s stereo chorus pedals...

I'm with Bill here.

Not the best idea, I have bi Amped to good affect and would suggest bi amping, keep the sub frequencies mono, in fact all the frequencies on your fret board to the larger amp and speakers that can handle the power, but then stereo the top end this sounds good if you use a lot of sweeping chorus and flange sounds in your playing. Use the crossover to experiment but best with just the harmonic content to the stereo side, you will keep the attack and drive this way and not get muddy and fosters everyone off 😊including yourself

I'm with Bill on this. I did once try using two identical cabs, one each side of the drums (this was for situations where I was not DI'd into the PA) and found it made little if any difference. The guitar player liked it, though. He could stand his combo on my bass cab and hear it more clearly.

25 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

I'm with Bill on this. I did once try using two identical cabs, one each side of the drums (this was for situations where I was not DI'd into the PA) and found it made little if any difference. The guitar player liked it, though. He could stand his combo on my bass cab and hear it more clearly.

Yep, a good while ago this exactly (the guitarist combo thing) - didn't sound any better (worse, in fact) for me...