Why become a member? ×

I need to beg / borrow / steal a bass for a night! Who can help?

geoham

Strange one coming up...

It’s my work Christmas party on Wednesday, and I’m travelling from Glasgow to London for it. A few of us musical types had intended performing a few songs, and another bassist who lives down there was bringing a bass. Short version of events is that he no longer can. I’d need to book an extra seat ion the flight to bring one - and since it’s short notice they want more than I’ve paid for some basses for the privilege!

So - here’s my ask... can anyone lend me a bass, or otherwise help me acquire the something? Any piece of junk would do the job! I don’t want to get in to ‘marketplace’ territory, but I could probably spend a small amount - say £50 ballpark. 

I’ll be around Kings X, and party is in Primrose Hill.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

George

2 minutes ago, geoffbyrne said:

I'm in Wishaw & could lend you a 5 string fan fret Thomann Special if you could get near enough to meet.

G.

Really appreciate the offer - I’m a actually not a million miles from you. But my problem is getting a bass to London, and Ryanair want over £300 for an extra seat for one. I only paid about £40 for my own ticket!

8 hours ago, Drax said:

What are your timings on Wed, and then Thurs to return? Might be able to help 

Hi Drax.

Any help would be much appreciated! I get in to Stansted about lunchtime, and will make my way to our office at Kings X station, and I’ll hang around there until 530(ish!), after which we’ll be going to Primrose Hill for our party.

On Thursday I’ll be hanging around Kings X until early afternoon, when I’ll be heading back to Stansted.

I can hop on a tube or whatever to make things work. I can also enlist the help of others down in London.

Thanks,

George

22 hours ago, geoham said:

Panic over! It appears I now have a solution, there's a colleague travelling by train who can take a bass for me. Now to decide which one...

Thanks to everyone for their input and kind offers.

George

Excellent news. Just hope he doesn't get sh!tfaced on the train and forget his long thin black suitcase 😶

On 12/12/2018 at 07:46, stewblack said:

Excellent news. Just hope he doesn't get sh!tfaced on the train and forget his long thin black suitcase 😶

The bass has allegedly made it back to Scotland safely. I’ll have it safely back in my possession on Monday when we are back in the office.

• Like 2