Why become a member? ×

NBD Roscoe Beck 4

walshy

Just taken this in PX against a Custom Shop 5 I was selling. Didn’t know a great deal about these Bar a bit online and WoT giving me a bit of info as he used to own one. First impressions are it’s a thoroughly nice bit of kit. Plays well and sounds pretty damn good! Lots of toggles and switches so need to work out what they exactly do but so far so good. 

Anyone with more info let me know 👍

ED13FBDC-215D-460B-BFA2-73BD17BDD867.jpeg

3DE4A0E2-59E4-4EF8-BA37-4159E3A728E4.jpeg

6ED69B0E-B679-4589-BA20-26148BFB3482.jpeg

4BCDCA0E-325C-4073-A691-C7F6C9B25335.jpeg

C00C8DED-517B-4168-BE90-467A292D8A9E.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Having owned the 5 string I can only imagine how good this is... GAS!!!

Having owned both, it always surprised me how different each bass was.

Its not too far an exaggeration to think in terms of chalk and cheese, they really are (surprisingly!) that different.

If I had to chose, I'd go for the 5, which is without doubt Fenders best 5 and amazingly given all those different voices is passive

The 4 is interesting and well made, not Fenders best 4 but a great bass nethertheless, enjoy

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I was looking for one of them for an age, ended up going a different direction with a will lee sig rather than a Roscoe beck sig (both players I’ve never heard) it looks awesome - you have some lovely basses walshy 

cheers man, Yeah I have a few! The Beck is a nice thing and I’m quite surprised how many sounds I can get out of it. Plays easy too and I’m not against keeping it! 

3 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Interesting bridge! I know the old ones had a Gotoh bridge that isn't made anymore, but I had never seen this one before. What is it? 

That's the original bridge.

It's worth bearing in mind the 5's came first. The 4's followed a while afterwards, with some of the bugs that the 5 had (tricky intonation being one of them) all ironed out.

10 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

That's the original bridge.

It's worth bearing in mind the 5's came first. The 4's followed a while afterwards, with some of the bugs that the 5 had (tricky intonation being one of them) all ironed out.

Ah right, well I must say the 4 is bloody good