Why become a member? ×

Vulfpeck. Running Away.

bubinga5

I am slowly working through the  Vulfpeck back catalogue. I love a few of the better known tracks, back pocket, dean town etc but there is so much out there to get to know and love.

I am currently obsessed with The Birdwatcher and The Speedwalker and the new track with Theo Katzman up front; Half of the way.

8 hours ago, stewblack said:

Basschat introduced me to them not long back and it was love at first sight. Theo Katzman's solo stuff is also excellent.

Totally agree, I can’t stop listening to Hard Work by Theo, great tune.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NJE said:

Totally agree, I can’t stop listening to Hard Work by Theo, great tune.

Crappy Love Songs one of my faves right now. What astonishes me is how a band can feature a talent as sublime as Joe Dart and yet he doesn't actually stand out. That's how great all the others are. It's a collective of creativity and musicianship which is both fun, entertaining and yet technically and musically excellent.

Love the new record , on the fence before thought they were too self aware ,pastiche ,muso but I'm listening to them more and more

Joe Dart's amazing, when I learn his lines I think oh simple pentatonic stuff but his rhythmic articulation sound and feel are amongst the best I've heard

Inspiring bass playing

The earlier stuff is great and worth a look for sure. That vulf compressor just makes e’rything  phat and squishy. Put that in a compressor thread for folks who ‘can’t hear a comp’ working.  It’s the core of the VP sound!

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

Finally had a chance to listen to the new album, Hill Climber, today on my drive to Oxford.  I think it's probably my favourite :).

Really liking Joe's tone on it, much more than some of the previous records.  Does anyone know if he used his new MM signature for the recordings?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Finally had a chance to listen to the new album, Hill Climber, today on my drive to Oxford.  I think it's probably my favourite :).

Really liking Joe's tone on it, much more than some of the previous records.  Does anyone know if he used his new MM signature for the recordings?

Yes, interesting tone here: