Why become a member? ×

Michael Shrieve... Santana drummer

dlloyd

Shrieve is a very good drummer. Perhaps the most important record of his career is his solo album 'Two Doors' (incorrectly listed on Spotify as having been released in 1979, it was actually recorded in 1995). The first half of the album features eight songs where Shrieve plays in a trio setting with Jonas Hellborg and Shawn Lane. I recall that Lane had said that he and Jonas had composed the music, but due to the issues that Lane was having with his label, Warner Brothers, the album was released under Shrieve's name to circumvent the involvement of WB.

The Shrieve/Hellborg/Lane side is really excellent, with a strong eastern/Indian influence on their high-stakes fusion. 

On 10/12/2018 at 04:16, fleabag said:

I have some Santana on CD , and both albums by Automatic Man,   ( band involving Shrieve post Santana )  which is a real treasure.

Yup - thats one of the albums featuring Shrieve that i mentioned. The other one by the same band is Visitors. I prefer the first one that you posted though