dexter3d

[SOLD] Ken Smith Burner Japan 3.8KG
£999

Hi there,

For sale is an absolutely stunning and rare Ken Smith Burner bass. Hand made in Japan in I believe early 1990s, this bass was purchased in Switzerland for today's equivalent of ~£2500. Don't confuse it with today's cheap KSD rip offs - this is the real Ken Smith made using wood and hardware personally supplied by Ken Smith and then shipped back to him in the USA for the final setup. 

This bass has a rather unusual pickup placement, oriented more towards the bridge, which help attain that burpy Ken Smith signature sound. It has an active/passive switch. The fretboard wood is super nice and looks very boutique. Three-piece neck. Active/passive switch. Very light, weighs around 3.8KG.

Attached are a few pics, but they really don't do it justice. Condition is excellent for its age, no deeper scratches or anything like that. A lot of meat left in frets. 

Included is the original Ken Smith wool-padded strap with locks and a big Ken Smith logo (I'll attach a pic later when I find it). 

The bass is currently in Germany, shipping to the UK via DHL, well packed in a hard case. I will also advertise it on German forums, first come first serve.

Cheers,

D

DSC_1111.JPG

DSC_2222.JPG

DSC_3333.JPG

DSC_4444.JPG

DSC_5555.JPG

DSC_6666.JPG

DSC_9108.JPG

DSC_9116.JPG

DSC_9117.JPG

DSC_9120.JPG

DSC_9123.JPG

DSC_9129.JPG

DSC_9145.JPG

DSC_9146.JPG

DSC_9147.JPG

DSC_9161.JPG

DSC_9174.JPG

DSC_9999.JPG

• Like 2

Very nice bass and a great price. You won’t find better for £999!!! 

Damn. £998 short!

i had a Burner Deluxe for about a week - my marvellous ex put paid to that, and as much as it pained me, I sold it.

these are superb basses.

• Haha 1

£900 for this is mental. Someone buy it now

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ped said:

£900 for this is mental. Someone buy it now

Lend me £500

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Lend me £500

At 99.99999% APR if you want

2 minutes ago, ped said:

At 99.99999% APR if you want

Better than amigo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

Better than amigo.

Don't be blaming me. I was only trying to decipher the serial code 😂😂😂

Really nice one !! I play her all black sister since 6 years now as my main bass. The most comfortable bass i ever played, with an incredible dynamic: you go from whisper to LOUD SHOUT with just your fingers. :sun_bespectacled:

Hi

can you explain thé electronic please ?

4 knops: 2 volumes? + preampli bass treble ?

push pull for activé /passive

and is tonality workîng in passive mode?

thanks for your lights! And excuse my poor english....

Yes that's right. Would have to check re passive tonality, but have some offers already, will do if it's not sold by the end of day.

Posted (edited)

Re-listed due to a time waster, you can have this baby for £900. Last price drop, otherwise I'm keeping it myself :)Also included this strap.

DSC_9915.JPG

Edited by dexter3d

I have an ebay account with 500 feedback, it's 'basuxa', you can write me a msg if you want and I can reply. I'm also a member on talkbass since 2005 (same user name as here). 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bassaio
      Weight: 3.7 kg!!!
      Mint Condition
      Original Case
      Shipping Worlwide (pm for costs)
      Superb Craftmanship and Sound
      Patrice Vigier pioneered graphite neck construction in the 1970s and 80s, and after much research and fine tuning Vigier moved away from the colder and brittle sounding solid graphite necks to a composite of 90% wood and 10% graphite - this yields the same strength and rigidity famed on graphite necked instruments bu..

• By Acebassmusic
      £25 each including UK shipping.
      2 lightly used Ken Smith leather and sheep skin straps. Length is adjustable from approx. 50 to 125cm. I've used them with straplocks so the end holes are slightly enlarged.
      Bass Direct have these in for £35 plus £4 shipping so grab one of mine for 40% less! 😁

• By akabane
      Edit: looks like this discussion is gearing towards 'all Ken Smith', so I modified the title accordingly!

Good morning! I'm late with this, as I bought the bass now few weeks ago already - however! It would be a crime not to share it with you all
      I have a strict rule of 1 in, 1 out, and I generally only own 2 basses at a time (if not just one sometimes), AND I only have GAS attacks once every 6 to 8 years, so when that time comes, I GAS hard  
      I present to you my latest purchase, this time justified as a birthday present to myself: a beautiful 2004 Ken Smith Black Tiger BSR6TN!
      Specs:
      Neck: 5-piece Laminated Aged Hardrock Maple & Bubinga with Graphite-Inlaid Bars Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony with MOP Top & Side Dots & matching Macassar Ebony Headstock Overlay Body Wings: 3-piece, Bookmatched Rare Figured Black Walnut Top, Walnut Back & Tiger Maple Core Hardware: Gold with Dunlop "Flush Mount" Straploks Pickups: Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Pickups Electronics: Smith B.M.T. 3-band 18-volt EQ Circuit with adjustable DIP Frequency switches for Bass, Mid & Treble with Pickup Blend and Master Volume Control (push/pull Active/Passive) + Series/Parallel Switches String spacing: 18mm Scale: 34 Finish: Classic Hand Rubbed Dutch Varnish over Stradivari Gold Oil Pretty much the most comfortable and fastest neck I've put my hands on, and it has an awesome character. Will enjoy spending the next few hundreds of hours getting to know her better! Happy times!

• By siso0450
      I sell my Immaculate Ken Smith Bass. The Smith has practically no use.
      Amazing Smith sound. I've had several bass Smith and this is the one that has the best sound.
      Specs.:
      Body: Quilted Maple
      Neck:  5-piece Aged Hardrock Maple & Ovankol/Shedua with Graphite Inlaid Bars & Matching Wood Headstock Overlay.
      Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony with Mother of Pearl Top & Side Dots
      Hardware:  Gold Smith Hardware & Dunlop "Flush Mount" Straploks
      Electronics: "NEW" Smith B.M.T. 3-Band EQ 18-volt Circuit: Internal 4-way adjustable frequency DIP Switches for each Band Including Series/Parallel Switches for each Pickup
      Pickups: Smith Custom Bass Humbucking Soapbar Pickups

The Golden smith emblem is not included, the original black is included.
      3.600,00 £. shipped included in a bombproof packaging.
      I can accept as a part of the trade a Fender Precision 5 strings or Fender Jazz 4 strings.

• By NotAsGoodAsJaco
      For sale. Beautiful Ken Smith Black Tiger 5 from 2011. Comes with everything shown in the photos (Smith case and strap, spare set of Dunlop strap locks and Smith letter of authenticity).
      I bought this from the bass gallery in Camden in Sept of 18. Tried it in the shop and thought it was amazing. It is amazing! However, for me the 18mm string spacing at the bridge is just too tight.
      It's a dream bass for me - the tone, the options,  the feel, the look of the wood,  the neck, the body...everything is incredible but being as I have rather large hands I just can't cope with 18mm.
      Looking for serious offers on this price. Postage and pick-up can be arranged. Good luck,
      Mike