Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Ken Smith Burner Japan 3.8KG
£999

dexter3d

Hi there,

For sale is an absolutely stunning and rare Ken Smith Burner bass. Hand made in Japan in I believe early 1990s, this bass was purchased in Switzerland for today's equivalent of ~£2500. Don't confuse it with today's cheap KSD rip offs - this is the real Ken Smith made using wood and hardware personally supplied by Ken Smith and then shipped back to him in the USA for the final setup. 

This bass has a rather unusual pickup placement, oriented more towards the bridge, which help attain that burpy Ken Smith signature sound. It has an active/passive switch. The fretboard wood is super nice and looks very boutique. Three-piece neck. Active/passive switch. Very light, weighs around 3.8KG.

Attached are a few pics, but they really don't do it justice. Condition is excellent for its age, no deeper scratches or anything like that. A lot of meat left in frets. 

Included is the original Ken Smith wool-padded strap with locks and a big Ken Smith logo (I'll attach a pic later when I find it). 

The bass is currently in Germany, shipping to the UK via DHL, well packed in a hard case. I will also advertise it on German forums, first come first serve.

Cheers,

D

DSC_1111.JPG

DSC_2222.JPG

DSC_3333.JPG

DSC_4444.JPG

DSC_5555.JPG

DSC_6666.JPG

DSC_9108.JPG

DSC_9116.JPG

DSC_9117.JPG

DSC_9120.JPG

DSC_9123.JPG

DSC_9129.JPG

DSC_9145.JPG

DSC_9146.JPG

DSC_9147.JPG

DSC_9161.JPG

DSC_9174.JPG

DSC_9999.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • dexter3d changed the title to Ken Smith Burner Japan 3.8KG [Price drop to £900]

Really nice one !! I play her all black sister since 6 years now as my main bass. The most comfortable bass i ever played, with an incredible dynamic: you go from whisper to LOUD SHOUT with just your fingers. :sun_bespectacled:

Hi

can you explain thé electronic please ?

4 knops: 2 volumes? + preampli bass treble ?

push pull for activé /passive

and is tonality workîng in passive mode?

thanks for your lights! And excuse my poor english....

• dexter3d changed the title to Ken Smith Burner Japan 3.8KG Still available
  • dexter3d changed the title to Ken Smith Burner Japan 3.8KG [now £900]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • dexter3d changed the title to [SOLD] Ken Smith Burner Japan 3.8KG
  • ped locked this topic