Why become a member? ×

Fake Jazz bass

Roger2611

2 hours ago, Bassassin said:

You and your faith in human nature! :P  A lot more realistically, it's someone who thinks the seller doesn't know what they have, and they'll be getting a rare vintage Fender for a song. This buyer's under the impression they're ripping off the seller!

You'd be including a significant proportion of the BC membership in that cohort, then! :lol:

Seriously, if someone's too lazy to do an elementary Google search, then they will learn the hard way. And there are doubtless plenty more lazy mugs out there they can punt it on to, once they work it out.

I do take your point about the buyer thinking they're getting a deal.

But what about if you bought a car which had an issue, or found you'd bought fake Levis, or any other suchlike - would you just accept you were a mug for not searching on google?

35 minutes ago, prowla said:

I do take your point about the buyer thinking they're getting a deal.

But what about if you bought a car which had an issue, or found you'd bought fake Levis, or any other suchlike - would you just accept you were a mug for not searching on google?

If I bought a car where someone had covered the Lada badge with a bit of tape and scribbled "Porsche" on it, then yes, I would - quite rightly - feel like a complete tw@t, and deserve to have people pointing and laughing!

The fakery of this bass is akin to that. It has features that have never been present on any Fender, ever, but are common on the majority of Japanese copies from the 70s. It's not like the buyer will get a dreadful shock & surprise when it turns up.

On 24/12/2018 at 20:54, Bassassin said:

You and your faith in human nature! :P  A lot more realistically, it's someone who thinks the seller doesn't know what they have, and they'll be getting a rare vintage Fender for a song. This buyer's under the impression they're ripping off the seller!

You'd be including a significant proportion of the BC membership in that cohort, then! :lol:

Seriously, if someone's too lazy to do an elementary Google search, then they will learn the hard way. And there are doubtless plenty more lazy mugs out there they can punt it on to, once they work it out.

My only concern with this is that we will likely see it back up on Ebay for some time to come as mug punter tries to pass it on to another mug punter, so one fake bass will rip off a bunch of mug punters, I guess all we can do is keep reporting it every time it appears, what really gets me with this one is the fact there were so many obvious clues in the photos that clearly show it was not genuine yet still it goes for silly money!