Why become a member? ×

Airturn Ped or similar - blue tooth tablet controllers

Paul S

Before my 'gear-free 2019' kicks in I depped wth a band last night and the singer used a bluetooth controller to page through his sheets.  Seemed like a good idea - being a dinosaur I am of course late to any kind of technology party and haven't seen one before.  I've only recently started using a tablet.  His was the Airturn Pedpro, seemed very compact and efficient.  There are other similar devices around.  Can anyone who has spent time with one of these devices please share their experience?  Reviews/recommendations?

SKU45144-3.jpg?1502803265

Edited by Paul S

Hi Paul

I’ve owned and have used the original Airturn BT-105 (which preceded the Airturn Duo footswitch) with my iPad and the Forescore app and it’s been basically faultless. Battery life is very good and it has always connected to the iPad it’s been paired with without any problems. 

I must have had this since 2012 and it’s still going strong.

I’m not sure that I would use the extra features of the PEDpro to be honest.  I’m quite happy just being able to page forward and backwards. 🙂

Cheers, Pete 

Thanks!  The singer was pleased with his one.  I like the compact size of the Pedpro, I have to say - cost is much the same or even a bit lower.

I imagine standing a mic stand on anything isn't gong to do it any favours!  :) 

I like to read in bed on my kindle app on my phone. In a perfect world I would have my phone on a bracket and be able to turn pages with a little bluetooth hand held page turner. Does such a thing exist. I am aware that I am approaching extreme levels of laziness here. Feel free to judge me, I just do not care.

For the last 5 years or so I've been using a Airturn BT-105 with an iPad (running Setlist Maker) that i picked up second hand on eBay. Its always worked flawlessly and is great for quick changes between songs when you've not got time to swipe to the next song with your hand. 

• Thanks 1