Why become a member? ×

Hi,

i have a squier jazz with fretless neck and a Nordstrand musicman pickup between the jazz pickups. The bridge jazz pickup is disconnected and the mm pickup connected to its volume pot. Would you be able to do a VBT loom with a selector switch for the bridge pickup?

cheers

pete

E23DAD12-47E5-400E-91E0-8B436CD55144.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Velarian said:

Please excuse my ignorance but what effect, sound-wise, does the series/parallel switch have on the J bass wiring loom?

Switching both pick-ups into series gives a boost in mids and output, the actual sound change depends on what pick-ups are used.

Parllel is of course normal Jazz bass mode.

Cheerz, John

• Like 1

I've never bought a loom from John, cos I can do my own, but I've been here forever and known SO many folk buy from him and sung his praises.  John is an Ace guy. Buy his top-level product with total confidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KiOgon said:

Switching both pick-ups into series gives a boost in mids and output, the actual sound change depends on what pick-ups are used.

Cheerz, John

I guess it's hit and miss - I found my bass just got louder and "bigger" but I realised it wasn't a tone I would use. Maybe live, but recorded I prefer the woody tone of the neck, the scooped of both together or the poppy-honky bridge but that may be the particular pickups on that specific bass. It's hard to know till you try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiOgon said:

Cheerz, John

Thanks, I’ll PM you when I’ve worked out what I need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwmlondon said:

I guess it's hit and miss - I found my bass just got louder and "bigger" but I realised it wasn't a tone I would use. Maybe live, but recorded I prefer the woody tone of the neck, the scooped of both together or the poppy-honky bridge but that may be the particular pickups on that specific bass. It's hard to know till you try.

Cheers, I guess for a few quid more it’s worth having the option. 

Just fitted my new Kiogon loom. Jazz loom VBT with selector switch to choose between the jazz bridge pickup or the MM pickup I have fitted between the j pickups. Works a treat.

Awesome service - was made and in the post the same day we finalised the details! Great communication, quality gear, well designed and beautifully assembled and packed!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nige1968 said:

Hello 

If I want to go stack-knobby with my road worn bass, is there any way to get non-shiny hardware? Such parts seem to be like hens’ diamond-encrusted teeth in the everyday world.

Ta

Hello Nige,

I don't offer a relicing service on my kits, I believe it's quite a time consuming thing to do - but not as long as doing it *the real way* 😎

• Like 1

If the parts are chrome, simply use the green side of a washing pad, rub in one direction and it'll remove the chrome to leave the duller metal underneath. Then place parts in a container or small box full of screws and nails, shake it vigorously. You'll end up with metal parts looking genuinely roadworn.

d5c12271-1765-4341-afd3-9a43aa71adfd.jpg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

If the parts are chrome, simply use the green side of a washing pad, rub in one direction and it'll remove the chrome to leave the duller metal underneath. Then place parts in a container or small box full of screws and nails, shake it vigorously. You'll end up with metal parts looking genuinely roadworn.

d5c12271-1765-4341-afd3-9a43aa71adfd.jpg

Or just buy nickel parts and use them for more than a week 🤣👍

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
21 minutes ago, tom.android said:

Hi,

It is possible to get VBT with series / parallel push pull pot? Can’t see it listed.

cheers,

Tom

Yes Tom,

Can do but it's really not a comfortable combination to use, IMHO. With pick-ups in series the blend is redundant, as would a second volume control be. In parallel of couse the blend has control over the 2 pick-ups as normal, with volume and tone.

PM me for any more info please.

Cheerz, John

• 1 year later...