Why become a member? ×

Genzler / TKS Rig

Bassrock

1 hour ago, Bassrock said:

Hi folks. After researching reviews but unfortunately not having the opportunity to try either. I am about to order the Genzler Magellan 350 and a TKS S212. Anyone run this rig? I did also consider 2 x S112 cabs. Appreciate your feedback. 

Haven’t used the specific combination you’ve mentioned above but having owned a TKS cab in the past I can tell you they are fantastic. Not sure if you’re aware but there are 2 x TKS S112 cabs for sale in the classifieds now at a very reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2018 at 13:53, Bassrock said:

Hi folks. After researching reviews but unfortunately not having the opportunity to try either. I am about to order the Genzler Magellan 350 and a TKS S212. Anyone run this rig? I did also consider 2 x S112 cabs. Appreciate your feedback. 

I own a couple of S112, although I never tried them with a Genzler. I have tried them with a variety of other amps, including Genz Benz Shuttle and Streamliner (and MarkBass, and Mesa and...). 

They're not the deepest sounding cabs, as you probably know, but I don't find them lacking. You can turn the bass up a bit if you need more, and they respond very well. They sound great, in my opinion. I have moved to a couple of 210 cabs (BF Two10) because I was often (edit: at the time!) requiring a bit more volume (quite a few gigs without PA support playing larger rooms and outdoors... the TKS always sounded good but I was afraid of pushing them harder than they could take - perhaps unreasonably of me... but I wanted to be safe)... The truth is I still have the two S112 and I have no intention of selling them. That should tell you something. I prefer two S112 as it made loading my little hatchback (A3) easier... but to be honest, a S212 is still a very manageable cab in size and weight. 

They're super light, great sounding, and in truth, I could play >90% of my gigs with them, at least. 

@wateroftyne has been using a S212 for some time and I think he's very happy with it. 

Edited by mcnach
  • Like 1

They are my TKS S112s for sale and they were superb with both a TH500 and Mark Bass 500

i spent the day trialing them in the showroom, I rated them better than the Aguilar SL series and nearly as nice as the GS, but way better priced 

I also ran them against GK 12s and Hartke 12s and these suited my needs and sound better

The advantage of the 2x cabs is you have plenty for larger gigs, but can reduce to just one if needed, I have done pub gigs with just one cab and only used for one for rehearsals as well 😉

I am only selling as I have moved up to a mark bass 800 and an 800w 4x10 due to the size of stages we are now playing, and want the cash for fender Jazz I have my eye on 😮

else they would be keepers 

64B3A04D-AEA5-4128-9AAA-31E0B36BD281.jpeg

BCD0521F-6639-4519-8618-D1A715542114.jpeg

Edited by scoobystig
  • Like 2

IME, a pair of 1x12's performs the same as a single 2x12, so choose which one is more practical for you. I've got a 2x12 and a matching 1x12 for smaller stuff.

I've just checked, and I'm shocked to see that I got my cabs four years ago. FOUR YEARS.

So, after being a cab whore for about 6 years, trying and buying any number of cabs in the pursuit of 'that' sound, I haven't looked at another cab since I got my TKS. That tells me something.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

IME, a pair of 1x12's performs the same as a single 2x12, so choose which one is more practical for you. I've got a 2x12 and a matching 1x12 for smaller stuff.

I've just checked, and I'm shocked to see that I got my cabs four years ago. FOUR YEARS.

So, after being a cab whore for about 6 years, trying and buying any number of cabs in the pursuit of 'that' sound, I haven't looked at another cab since I got my TKS. That tells me something.

Agreed. Can’t beat 1x 12s for ease of transport 😉😉

Hi folks and thank you for your comments, they have helped 😀

I have ordered a Genzler Magellan 350 from Andertons but it won’t be delivered until second week in January 😒

I still have to decide between a TKS 212 or two 112’s

@ Water of Tyne any significant difference between the two set ups in respect of overall sound/ definition etc. 

Thanks folks. Keep an eye open as I will be having a cull of 4 string bass guitars that unfortunately never get played 😭

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2018 at 12:27, Bassrock said:

Hi folks and thank you for your comments, they have helped 😀

I have ordered a Genzler Magellan 350 from Andertons but it won’t be delivered until second week in January 😒

I still have to decide between a TKS 212 or two 112’s

@ Water of Tyne any significant difference between the two set ups in respect of overall sound/ definition etc. 

Thanks folks. Keep an eye open as I will be having a cull of 4 string bass guitars that unfortunately never get played 😭

I’d say 2x S112s 😁😁😁