Why become a member? ×

NBD - Warwick GPS Corvette

ForestPoetry

I've been out of the 5 string game for a while. I've honestly preferred playing 4's but it's good to have the option available, and band members "encouraging" me back in that direction, but with 5 strings I'm very picky about neck dimensions (don't have the biggest hands). Usually only Soundgears do it for me - I swore by them for a long time, but I wanted something different. I've always been GASsing for the big W. 

I must have tried ten different 5 strings over the last week or so. Old faithful Ibanez got a look in, but I don't like those Panga Panga fretboards they're putting on a lot of stuff now. Came pretty close to buying a Ray35. Sire, nice but too many switches. The Spector was great, but unsure about the 35" scale. Tried a Yamaha BB735, and it was beautiful, but the neck was still just a tad too chunky to be comfy. The TRBX didn't do anything for me. I remembered playing a Thumb BO 5 and how playable I thought it was, despite the odd pickup arrangement. I just didn't want to drop the £1000+, until I got my hands on this:

thewick.jpg

• Like 1