Why become a member? ×

Phill Jones Bass Compact 8 Lite

Ghost_Bass

Hi, been looking at this as a replacement/backup for my Barefaced Super12T. A bit lighter and less power but should cope well with the Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2.

I'm looking for opinions regarding the sound characteristics/quality, SPL, and most importantly about Frequency Response. The S12T is fairly flat, i'm looking for something close to it in smaller/lighter/portable package. Don't mind about low-end rumble, HPF in shuttle makes sure all the mudd is removed.

link: https://www.thomann.de/gb/phil_jones_neo_power_compact_8_lite_bk.htm?ref=intl&shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZ2IiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6IjIiLCJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ImVuIn0%3D

thanks

6 minutes ago, Jack said:

If you want lighter, smaller, but similar sounding to your S12T why not get the Super Compact? Smaller, lighter and cheaper than the PJB and it's a good bet you'll like it seeing as you like the S12T.

The SC doesn't go high enough (on the highs) and it's 8Ohms. Would be closer with the BB2 but still, only 8ohms. The Phill Jones, like the S12T, has a trolley handle and casters. Back problems means i must avoid carrying stuff as much as possible.

I have two PJB C4s (the C8 is effectively two of them in a single box). I like them a lot. Clean/flat and excellent tone, but they may not suit if you are used to the BF sound. PJ cabs, even the Lite versions, are quite heavy for their size (wheels and handles are OK until you encounter stairs). They are also quite inefficient and take some driving. You really ought to audition/try before you buy to avoid making an expensive mistake.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

I have two PJB C4s (the C8 is effectively two of them in a single box). I like them a lot. Clean/flat and excellent tone, but they may not suit if you are used to the BF sound. PJ cabs, even the Lite versions, are quite heavy for their size (wheels and handles are OK until you encounter stairs). They are also quite inefficient and take some driving. You really ought to audition/try before you buy to avoid making an expensive mistake.

Thanks Dan, that's the kind of comments that i need to read. ;)