Why become a member? ×

New Mustang in Surf Green

urbanx

Yes please, I've been very good this year! 

I know there's a lot of love for Mustangs on BC. This is my second fave colour - I'm still holding out for Fender to do the right thing and make it in Daphne Blue! 

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/fender-american-performer-mustang-bass-satin-surf-green?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInOTvuemN3wIVFJ7VCh03-QO6EAQYASABEgKRnvD_BwE

4 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Beautiful colour, but I wish it didn't have that Jazz pickup.

This.

It genuinely looks awful, how that got through the product design process is beyond me. Stick to the other full size P/J model, then reissue this with the standard Mustang split on it's own....it's that easy.

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sibob said:

This.

It genuinely looks awful, how that got through the product design process is beyond me. Stick to the other full size P/J model, then reissue this with the standard Mustang split on it's own....it's that easy.

Si

Theres no "product design process" at Fender not any more, no measurable innovation, no more original thinking, just new/reissued colours and occasionally, a failed mashup.
I think they should at least be looking to what they build for their endorsers as CS instruments for some actual inspiration and fresher ideas, albeit still based on old school designs, Mike Kerr's input would probably generate something of interest >> 

I also think over £1000 for a new, hatcheted Mustang is crazy money when you could pick up an original late 70's one for similar money if you shop around.

I should add, this is just my 2p, as a self confessed, extremely bored of Fender guy...

Eude

Edited by eude

1 hour ago, eude said:

I also think over £1000 for a new, hatcheted Mustang is crazy money when you could pick up an original late 70's one for similar money if you shop around.

I should add, this is just my 2p, as a self confessed, extremely bored of Fender guy...

Eude

I also don't see the point in this.  A good split pickup CIJ Mustang reissue can still be had for south of £700 (even with the comp stripe) and will knock spots off one of these. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, grandad said:

image.png.2d12b9e374b54b50bdd8bd270f07d99a.png

Sunburst it should be sunburst, split pickup, jack on the front, maple fingerboard, with LaBella 760F-MUS strings.

Why they don't make these anymore I don't know, it's my go-to bass now.

Don’t disagree but needs to be Tina Weymouth comp stripe lol.

E00A9E38-CC0D-4883-A3ED-D3AD3E8B88E9.jpeg

• Like 3

The Mikey Way is my bass of choice on most gigs these days, very thumpy, not as distinct as say a Stingray but works well in the mix for what I do.  Tha CIJ, split pup Mustang is more distinct and flexible but for some reason I still prefer the cheaper MW on a gig.

They don’t come up often, I ended up paying way above the original 2012 price when one came up, so if you see one at a good price, snap it up.