Why become a member? ×

What's on your Christmas list?

SH73

On 07/12/2018 at 18:52, PaulWarning said:

they are? hadn't noticed that, Doombar is my go to pint, followed by any copper/amber beers, I would have thought if there's 4 handpulls on at least one ought to be amber and one mild, not 4 pale ales 😡

I've definitely seen Pride marketed as a pale, got a feeling Doom Bar might be as well if you look closely at the back of the bottle...perhaps this is a good reason for me to buy another bottle!

But yes, I agree wholeheartedly re the balance of beers across the bar. The insidious effect even seems to be creeping into our christmas and winter beers, which I normally look forward to for their ominous blackness - but no, yesterday I tried Wychwood's Brewdolph, a "golden christmas ale." It was nice enough, and I tip my hat to their terrible pun, but since when has christmas been a time for golden ales?

• Like 1

On 07/12/2018 at 18:52, PaulWarning said:

they are? hadn't noticed that, Doombar is my go to pint, followed by any copper/amber beers, I would have thought if there's 4 handpulls on at least one ought to be amber and one mild, not 4 pale ales 😡

Once upon a time I'd get excited when I went into a pub and saw Doom Bar on the pumps. Nowadays it actually worries me, because it seems to be the marker of a pub that doesn't care about ale but is just trying to stop the ale drinkers from going to a different pub. Seven times out of ten, it's badly looked after, and tastes watery and stale.

S.P.

Music related - a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Trembucker to load into my strat.

I'd quite like some more sheet music to practice with too.

Other than that (apart from a new Stingray 5!) I'm quite happy with my gear these days

Non-music. Magic props are always good - but muggles don't know what to buy. Magic books can be good.

I have a big selection of films that always needs adding to. Maybe one of those beer selection boxes or a nice bottle of wine.

I'm pretty easy really.

For me;

Decent headphones - my neighbour has expressed displeasure at my bass playing and I don't want to engage with anyone on my London commute....

For Mrs GPW5150;

A new watch and a coffee pod stand...**She lost an Omega Seamaster that I gave her many years ago and I am getting sick of used coffee pods/boxes all over the place

For Junior #1;

Rollerblades, Magic kit, Nintendo DS game and some other stuff

For Junior #2;

No idea!  Probably pink and fluffy...

Family;

Either an air hockey table or a Nintendo Switch.....

On 09/12/2018 at 12:48, Maude said:

I needed nothing music related this year as I am totally happy with all of my kit. 

Then in the space of 24hrs I'd seen, pondered and paid for a (hopefully) dream bass, it'll be here on Tuesday. 

I would do a NBD as it'll be an interesting one but as it's R related I'm not sure I'm allowed, and the model doesn't end in 0,1,2,3 or 4.

Oops 😁

NBD is compulsary. Nice one. I might actually buy myself another Ric bass. Last one i had was in 80's.

Probably a nice blue one. 

Enjoy and please share your thoughts and delights.

Dave

50 minutes ago, Stylon Pilson said:

Once upon a time I'd get excited when I went into a pub and saw Doom Bar on the pumps. Nowadays it actually worries me, because it seems to be the marker of a pub that doesn't care about ale but is just trying to stop the ale drinkers from going to a different pub. Seven times out of ten, it's badly looked after, and tastes watery and stale.

S.P.

well all I can say is that your experience is totally different to mine

1 hour ago, Twigman said:

All i want for christmas is the cancellation of brexit.

That would be the best christmas present.

Best Christmas and birthday presents for the next couple of years!!

Edited by bartelby
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Nothing much. I'm the modest type. I just hope someone who loves me enough buys me an Arturia Matrixbrute synthesizer wait what's the beautiful, knobby thing standing just behind me with its fantastic modulation matrix? 😉

Man that's so old school, it's delicious, I want one!

• Like 1

On 07/12/2018 at 14:37, T-Bay said:

I quite fancy a didgitech drop pedal to make life easier for some practices and rehearsals, also have gas for a Jazz in Lakeland blue for some reason.

The Drop pedals are great.  I wouldn't record through it but unbeatable for practice (and gigs in my case).

• Like 1

Incidentally, I want to know if anyone else does this: in the past I've received minor grief from extended family about them not knowing what to get me for Christmas, so now from about September onwards, anything I need, but not urgently, I'll put on my Amazon wishlist. This means that I now have a post-Christmas tradition of "mopping up" - basically doing a big Amazon order to buy myself all the things that, while not urgent 3 months ago, I'm now crying out for, because no-one bought them for me.

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

5?! Wow, if so!

Yes, but not quite. Next best thing hopefully, luthier built replica. I won't derail this thread and will do a NBD when, and now looking like if, it turns up. Bloody couriers. 

I only said R related 😁

Edited by Maude

2 hours ago, Stylon Pilson said:

Incidentally, I want to know if anyone else does this: in the past I've received minor grief from extended family about them not knowing what to get me for Christmas, so now from about September onwards, anything I need, but not urgently, I'll put on my Amazon wishlist. This means that I now have a post-Christmas tradition of "mopping up" - basically doing a big Amazon order to buy myself all the things that, while not urgent 3 months ago, I'm now crying out for, because no-one bought them for me.

S.P.

Yep i do that plus i add in things i want to get other people so i don't forget.