Why become a member? ×

What's on your Christmas list?

SH73

What's on your Christmas list this year?

I'd like to upgrade to Ableton live 10 standard suite and replace my 2i2 focusrite with 2i4 2nd generation.

These would make my recordings easier to produce and more efficient.

Perhaps a cheeky mic, maybe SM58.

I'm hoping for a 10 hole b/w/b pickguard to replace the anodised one my Precision, one of those mini fold up guitar stand things and a pair of warm lounge pants for slumming around the chateau with.

Oh and i wouldn't mind a dashcam so i can film and report all the nobs causing the endless pileups and traffic hold ups that are making my life on the road harder than it needs to be. But that's just Mr Angry sneaking in there and its a bit of a luxury.....

33 minutes ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

If I could have the equivalent for dark milds, stouts and porters, that would be grand.

Is bitter on the way out d'ya think? I ask this as there's been quite a visible change in stocks on the shelves in all the supermarkets. Much more in the way of craft IPAs in 33cl can and bottle formats but fewer of not just bitters but also darker ales around 5%?

I'm not after much this year, I'm hoping for the remastered ...And Justice For All, that'll do me.

As a Christmas present to myself, I've ordered a cheap IEM set, and depending on how my shares sell on Monday, I might order the amplifier to go with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

Is bitter on the way out d'ya think? I ask this as there's been quite a visible change in stocks on the shelves in all the supermarkets. Much more in the way of craft IPAs in 33cl can and bottle formats but fewer of not just bitters but also darker ales around 5%?

I've been worried about this myself. Whilst I'm obviously grateful that the "craft beer" movement has presented a more acceptable (even fashionable) face of "proper" beer than CAMRA types like myself could present, I do worry that their hop fetish risks driving out some of the more reliable styles. Everything's IPA, Pale Ale, American Pale, or some other variation on pale*, it seems; where you do find a black beer, it's ridiculously strong, or often a "black IPA"** . But no, none of these newer "craft" breweries seem to make a bitter. There are some more traditional new contenders in my neck of the woods, though - Sambrook's and Twickenham spring to mind - who make some very dependable bitters and more traditional pale ales (even if they don't always name them as such!)

* notice how even London Pride and Sharp's Doom Bar are now being marketed as pale ales

** a bit like bass distortion: often difficult to get right, and admittedly very nice when it's done well, but with the potential to be quite horrible

Edited by EliasMooseblaster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I'm not after much this year, I'm hoping for the remastered ...And Justice For All, that'll do me.

Nothing bass-related, then! ;)

Wouldn't mind a maple board/lined fretless J neck off a Sire MM V7, for a project.

And whatever kind soul gives it to me can re-shape the headstock to a Tele style, to save me doing it myself, cheers. :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

* notice how even London Pride and Sharp's Doom Bar are now being marketed as pale ales

they are? hadn't noticed that, Doombar is my go to pint, followed by any copper/amber beers, I would have thought if there's 4 handpulls on at least one ought to be amber and one mild, not 4 pale ales 😡

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cato said:

A skype lessson with Carol Kaye (assuming they are taken by the lady herself) would be something a bit special.

https://shop.carolkaye.com/product/skype-guitar-or-bass-private-lesson/

Yes, I was thinking that. She makes it clear you would need to be well prepared,  and you can only order one lesson at a time, so she's clearly protecting herself from time-wasters - quite rightly. But she's obviously a superb teacher. I've promised myself time over the holidays to work through as much as I can of her playing tips: 

https://www.carolkaye.com/www/education/tips101.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing musical: I don't teach and I don't play in public anymore so I have more than enough gear to see me out (although I reserve the right to change my mind on that one...).

In general terms I'm going to go pretty much completely over to Apple technology, hopefully with a Macbook Air. After the events of the last few weeks on my laptop I've finally had enough of Windows. I'll say no more on that one, 'cos if I start I'll find it hard to stop.

Edited by leftybassman392

I needed nothing music related this year as I am totally happy with all of my kit. 

Then in the space of 24hrs I'd seen, pondered and paid for a (hopefully) dream bass, it'll be here on Tuesday. 

I would do a NBD as it'll be an interesting one but as it's R related I'm not sure I'm allowed, and the model doesn't end in 0,1,2,3 or 4.

Oops 😁

5 hours ago, Maude said:

I needed nothing music related this year as I am totally happy with all of my kit. 

Then in the space of 24hrs I'd seen, pondered and paid for a (hopefully) dream bass, it'll be here on Tuesday. 

I would do a NBD as it'll be an interesting one but as it's R related I'm not sure I'm allowed, and the model doesn't end in 0,1,2,3 or 4.

Oops 😁

There are no issues (well, from the Mods and Admins, at least...) concerning Ricky posts; it's the offering for sale that's not allowed, as has been explained many times before. Post away, when the thing arrives, just don't try to sell it here..! 9_9

• Like 1