Why become a member? ×

Pot replacements for Mexican precision bass deluxe series-98-99?

ellangus

• Members
  • 13 posts

Help!

My son has a Mexican precision bass deluxe series-98-99 red with gold anodised pickguard with passive pickups (1 x Jazz and 1 x Precision).

He has an issue with a crackly pot (not sure which) and has asked if I can sort it.

I have decide that the best course of action is to replace the pots as the are reasonably cheap and it would be a good place to start.

I would like to do it during the festive period, but my problem is that I can't get my hands on the instrument before Christmas so that I can see what the pots are which I would need to buy for the job.

Does anyone know which pots are in the bass - 250k or 500k, Linear or Audio-taper.

I THINK it currently has 2 vol + 1 master tone.

Pic attached of the bass

Thanks all.

https://imgur.com/ei8mltF

21 minutes ago, Twincam said:

Be easier to spray in contact cleaner and turn the controls back and forth a good few times, repeating as necessary. 

Much cheaper and easier than replacing the pots. 

There's plenty of online diagrams though if you want to replace the pots anyhow. 

Yeah, Am going to try that first but in the event that it needs pots, just wanted to have them in over Christmas, Thanks

Edited by ellangus