Why become a member? ×

1966 Fender Precision Bass - Natural Refin - OPEN TO OFFERS
£3500

Hoodyy

Here's my 1966 Fender Precision bass. Would have originally been a sunburst but was stripped at some point in the late 70s. At this point, the pots were changed too to some rubbish cheap units. These have been  updated in my ownership to vintage taper CTS pots. The original dime cap was retained. Sublime worn neck, small ding in the rosewood at the 12th fret but otherwise perfect, gorgeous tone, great weight at 3.3kg. Repro bridge and pickup covers included with a modern fender hard case. Any questions or picture requests, don't hesitate to ask. Collection only from Worcester area. No trades thanks.

Adam

screen shot 2018-04-17 at 21.13.21.PNG

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 15.40.20.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 15.40.31.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 15.40.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 15.41.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 15.41.24.png

Edited by Hoodyy
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

To be clear. I was the guy who won the ebay auction. (It was super short time after I sold my oly white '66P here, to a basschat member). My closest friend from the band I was playing in the past was looking for a 60s Pbass and I told him mine was just sold.. so I could search for another as he is non-internet guy). I was the only bidder. Paid. Auction was "collection only" so I told you that someone will pick the bass because I am away from UK for a moment. You declined transaction. Probably you got unexpected too low offer and wanted to relist on different rules. Completely unprofessional move. Still, bass would be picked by my friend, but you don't wanted that for no reason or the reason I don't understand to this day. 

28 minutes ago, boroman said:

To be clear. I was the guy who won the ebay auction. (It was super short time after I sold my oly white '66P here, to a basschat member). My closest friend from the band I was playing in the past was looking for a 60s Pbass and I told him mine was just sold.. so I could search for another as he is non-internet guy). I was the only bidder. Paid. Auction was "collection only" so I told you that someone will pick the bass because I am away from UK for a moment. You declined transaction. Probably you got unexpected too low offer and wanted to relist on different rules. Completely unprofessional move. Still, bass would be picked by my friend, but you don't wanted that for no reason or the reason I don't understand to this day. 

To be fair if you had paid by PayPal then there is no way I'd be letting you or anyone collect a bass,or anything else for that matter. 

A very well known scam is to do just this and then claim that the bass hasn't been delivered, paypal will then refund you and take the money back off the seller. You get a bass for free and the seller has nothing. 

I'm not for a minute suggesting that this was your intention, but I just wouldn't be risking it. 

And that's a lovely bass BTW 👍

Edited by Maude
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, boroman said:

I'm afraid I'd probably run a mile from this too.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 22:31, Maude said:

To be fair if you had paid by PayPal then there is no way I'd be letting you or anyone collect a bass,or anything else for that matter. 

A very well known scam is to do just this and then claim that the bass hasn't been delivered, paypal will then refund you and take the money back off the seller. You get a bass for free and the seller has nothing. 

I'm not for a minute suggesting that this was your intention, but I just wouldn't be risking it. 

And that's a lovely bass BTW 👍

Well, you know, bass was listed as a "collection only" and PayPal option enabled, so this is not the case... Who cares that at the door is myself or my friend?
Anyway, never mind. I have been on ebay for at least 15 years with 100% rating, sold many amps and guitars... I'm often in U.S, UK and travel a lot. No problem like that before, anywere.

But good luck with your sale. Those necks are to die for. Better for small hands than early 60s stuff.

20 hours ago, kevvo66 said:

Sounds dodgy ,someone tried it with me ,lucky for me I smelt a rat and reported them there's a lot of it about 🤔

Really? I would be in UK in the next month after sale (as I told OP).
For me it smells only "too low bid" thing... Ah... never mind then.

• Like 1