Why become a member? ×

NBD - stingray stealth

colleya

I kept getting drawn back to drool over Derek's Stingray 5 stealth on the for sale boards so last weekend (after a couple of beers) I sent him a PM. Now it's mine!

It's heavier than my other fiver (a Maruszcyzk with a chambered body) and the neck is significantly chunkier but it's subjectively 'tighter' in all areas, to play, in tone and particularly on the low B.

Given that I'm in an 80s covers band I ordered a set of DR neons and, well, look at it! Happy boy. Not sure if the Maruszcyzk is going to go as it does a very different thing, but the ray instantly fit the band sound at rehearsal this week.

IMG_20181205_200303_Bokeh.jpg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, GuyR said:

I can't believe you let your dog sit on the sofa.

V  cool looking bass. Good choice.

I bloody scrutinised that photo for any incriminating background features! It's actually my daughter's newest stuffed toy dog and I have no say whatsoever in what it's allowed to to do (pretty much like everything else in the house!)

Cheers fellas. 

I'd also like to publicly thank Derek for his patience during the sale. I paid by bank transfer (as I have before for other stuff and it's gone through in minutes). On this occasion it took almost 2 hours and a couple of nervy phone calls to the bank until the money landed.

Derek didn't bat an eye and let me hang around whilst the money cleared, he even put the Merseyside derby on pause and delayed knowing the score. Another excellent basschatter.

• Like 2