Why become a member? ×

New bass strap

ped

I’ve tried lots of straps now and each has had something which spoilt it.

I took a punt on this Ibanez strap I saw for £30 and I’m pretty chuffed. 

My bass isn’t heavy but I do like the feel of wider straps. This one is really grippy and looks to be well made. 

One thing I like is that the strap itself is really thin. I’ve tried Mono straps before and they’re too thick for me. 

Anyway just putting it out there as a potential for those of you looking for an alternative to leather or the usual Mono or Comfort strap options. 

Excuse poor pics but it’s called an Ibanez BWS90 they do a more Mono style thick version too. 

Cheers

2F8860BA-FCC4-4439-9624-276E33F358F6.jpeg

366D68C8-6789-4577-A002-155C72C40E82.jpeg

BEBD0245-445F-453B-9133-38AB5E42F48E.jpeg

95E74CE7-E4CB-449C-A99A-8349069C3229.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ped said:

I’ve tried lots of straps now and each has had something which spoilt it.

I took a punt on this Ibanez strap I saw for £30 and I’m pretty chuffed. 

My bass isn’t heavy but I do like the feel of wider straps. This one is really grippy and looks to be well made. 

One thing I like is that the strap itself is really thin. I’ve tried Mono straps before and they’re too thick for me. 

Anyway just putting it out there as a potential for those of you looking for an alternative to leather or the usual Mono or Comfort strap options. 

Excuse poor pics but it’s called an Ibanez BWS90 they do a more Mono style thick version too. 

Cheers

95E74CE7-E4CB-449C-A99A-8349069C3229.jpeg

I share the same annoyance with thicker straps. I don’t like leaving them attached to the bass, but some of them are so thick that they can take up more room than a small amp when rolled up!

I like the look of that one.  I may write a letter to Santa. Many thanks 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mine arrived while I was away and I finally had a chance to try it...

Very nice! Decent padding, feels very comfortable and super flexible, so I don't think I'll need to take it off my bass (which is nice, as I use rubber washers that are very tight and I don't want to be removing them and putting them back on a lot)...

Cheers for the heads up! It helps a lot with my monstrosity of EBMM SUB (monster sound, and monster weight)

• Like 2