Why become a member? ×

Bug*er that went quick

andytoad

39 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Well, I like the woods they use, and the layout of the body, although it is a bit big, and I love the look of the pickups (and the idea of them). But then at some point you just have to look at the headstock, and OMFG.

If you set out to create the ugliest headstock you could think of and you came up with that, you would feel pretty accomplished! :D On the other hand if you were ever stuck down a river in a boat without a paddle the Wal owner would be pretty smug!

Lol!

I didn't get as far as the headstock, I was just going by the pic in the OP.

"Does my bottom look big in this?"

"Well er, yes dear..."

"But fortunately you have an appreciating bottom end, sorry I meant asset." 😁

Edited by Al Krow

My biggest miss was at the beginning of the year. An all original early 60’s working Ampeg B15. On ebay for £800 buy it now!  I made first contact with the seller, genuine chap selling it as he’d not used it for years and had it stored in his loft. How he got it up there is another thing 😂 

I coincidentally was travelling to london the day after too. While i was chatting to the seller to check it out some one hit the buy it now button. Gutted. 

I imagine it’s been peddled out for £2500+ by Andy Baxter now...... 

Edited by Dazed