Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Squier Deluxe Active Jazz IV
£145

discreet

*SOLD* Squier Deluxe Active Jazz IV 

Yes, I'll get flak for this no doubt! And you'll understand why when you read my recent review of this bass, here:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/333471-nbd-squier-deluxe-active-jazz-iv-revisited/

It's a very good bass and I really don't want to let it go, but I so enjoyed having just the one instrument, that I want to return to that hallowed state and have my Bitsa Jazz as my one and only bass. Not that it's better than this Squier - it's not - but I put it together myself from, er... bits. So it has sentimental value for me, plus it's really not good enough for me to sell on and keep the Squier. Also I'd need to paint it white, sunburst not being my thing. 9_9 I do like having the versatility of an on-board preamp however and as soon as this sells I'm going to spend the money on a spiffy preamp for the bitsa. I will include the cream pickguard. It's only held on with two screws, so you can opt for the pickguard-less look if you want and use the pickguard as a coaster, or you can keep it and put the rest of the screws in, obviously the choice is yours.

Having had courier issues recently I'm reluctant to post this and would much prefer you to come and try it out and pay cash on collection. I'm in SE London close to the A205 South Circular. BUT if you're geographically challenged and you really want it, I'd be happy for you to arrange your own courier and take responsibility for the delivery yourself. I have the original Anderton's box and materials it came to me in, and will do a very good job of repacking it for transit to your atelier. In which case payment will be via bank transfer, please. These Indonesian Squiers are quality, the bass is priced to sell very quickly and for £145 you will get a ridiculously playable instrument that is easily good enough to be your main squeeze. In short, it's a real bargain. So if you want to dabble with a preamp, or a Jazz, or an Ebonol board, you can do all these things at very low-risk with this purchase. It would make an excellent back-up bass, too.

The bass has a very small ding between the pickups and one or two other small abrasions too piffling to show up in a photograph - it's essentially a brand new bass. Have a look at the pics. It's wearing Fender 7250M roundwounds and I will include the strings that the bass came fitted with. Now for some pics:

Body2.jpg

JassPGuard.jpg

850StockFront.jpg

Controls.jpg

19bStockBack.jpg

Gubbins.jpg

NeckJoin.jpg

BattOpen.jpg

EbonolBoard.jpg

13bFull.jpg

Now SOLD. I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, discreet said:

Ha! Thanks for the offer, but I'm working towards being a one-bass man. :)

Yeah, but obviously you need to have a few to choose from. Have you considered a nice 6 string bass? No, I thought not...