Why become a member? ×

Incoming NAD - bit of an old 'un

Bridgehouse

An acquaintance of mine said he had "an old bass amp" I might like for a small charitable donation.. OK, I thought.. sure.. he lives quite a way away and it'll be a few weeks before I can go collect... turns out though, it's one of these: (images aren't the actual items!!) 

marshall-dbs-7200.jpg

And also comes with one of these:

s-l400.jpg

Quite looking forward to it...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

You`re not going to be disappointed @Bridgehouse (well your back might be with the cab) they are fine amps, bags of power, really effective eq options, I had one for a while and it was awesome.

I’m not sure it will be a gigging regular :D as I know they can be somewhat weighty!!

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant amps. I have the 7400 (Yours looks like the 7200). Brilliant sound, lots of flexibilty, and massive peak power. If yours is the 7200 its 200W continuous, and 2000W peak. It's a class H amplifier, so when it needs the extra power it switches to a higher voltage power supply. I suspect you'll find it deafening (We're talking Marshall Watts here, which I think is similar to a Trace Elliot Watt).

Gary Twigg often plays through one of these as well.

Edited by Count Bassy

9 minutes ago, Count Bassy said:

Brilliant amps. I have the 7400 (Yours looks like the 7200). Brilliant sound, lots of flexibilty, and massive peak power. If yours is the 7200 its 200W continuous, and 2000W peak. It's a class H amplifier, so when it needs the extra power it switches to a higher voltage power supply. I suspect you'll find it deafening (We're talking Marshall Watts here, which I think is similar to a Trace Elliot Watt).

Gary Twigg often plays through one of these as well.

Yep it’s a 7200. I suspect the 7400 would be, um, overkill (lol)

I’ve been offered a 7210 cab which I may just add to it...

1 hour ago, No. 8 Wire said:

I've no idea whether that's too much or not enough! (Not my ad just to be clear)

Well, let’s just say that I paid significantly under 1/10th of that for mine.. ok, it needs a service,  but it cost more in diesel than it do to pay for it....

13 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

How come I’m still envious of this despite having ‘gone all FRFR’? Is that GAS?

Dunno whether it’s gas or not.. don’t get me wrong, I’ll be mostly gigging frfr - but I can see this stack getting a few outings when I really want to give it some..