Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbass Infinity

Guest Marcoelwray

Guest Marcoelwray

Hi wW lovers,

I used to have a little hate for the Rockbass line, but we can't deny that WW pull this low end series to higher standarts.

I'm totally in love with the new Rockbass Infinity (especially the natural fretless 4), and I find that is really clever from Warwick to bring back these very, very, expensive models to everyone.

I'm following news since I watched NAMM 2018 youtube videois, but I do not underestand why there is not yet one single video about this bass.... It's already in stock at thomann.... (at least some models)

What do you think of this "new" Rockbass series, is anyone aware of a review/video of the Rockbass Infinity?

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at this bass too the last couple of weeks. I like the shape and I want a humbucking bass. I allready have a RB Corvette and a Streamer fretless. There is not a lot of information about the RB Infinity on the internet (vidoe's/reviews). Maybe I will just buy it for Christmas :-)

Guest Marcoelwray
43 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

The Thomann site says "available for pre-order". Maybe that explains why there are no reviews yet 🙂

Not for all models mate, the transparent natural (at least on the belgian version of the website, don't know if it changes something) is available !

https://www.thomann.de/intl/warwick_rb_infinity_4_na_hp.htm

https://www.thomann.de/intl/warwick_rb_infinity_5_na_hp.htm

https://www.thomann.de/intl/warwick_rb_infinity_5_fl_na_hp.htm

https://www.thomann.de/intl/warwick_rb_infinity_4_fl_na_hp.htm

both in 4 & 5, fretted and fretless... The NB (Nirvana black) isn't available yet.

Temptation, temptation,...

Guest Marcoelwray
3 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Weird, that didn't show up in my search (on the Dutch site). 

Edit: because I wrote out "Rockbass" in full, and the ones you linked to just have "RB" in the title! 

Yep, I had the same problem. They messed up something in the search. If you type "Infinty", you get all of them.

Some are "rockbass", others are "RB"...

I'm looking on the 5 string, but fretted or fretless? (4 is good too but my latest build is quite the same setup...)

Do I need more basses?

• 5 months later...
Guest Marcoelwray

Nope... Even if it's Rockbass, at this price range, they could have putted the twin jazz instead of this horrible humbucker.

Now, without speaking money, I am tempted by the 5 string fretted, sand it to the wood, re-top the bass with a nice wood and put a Delano DJC (or two...)

It'll be expensive but still, less than a real infinity, and it will look really pretty...

Guest Marcoelwray
25 minutes ago, Drax said:

Ah ok fair enough. It was the jazz / humbucker combo that caught my eye! 

Isn't the delano just a humbucker anyway (not a twin jazz?) 

Nah. What's so special about MEC TJ is that is a three coils. Delano made a four coils. Anyway in both cases, the goal is to have 2 jazz pickups in a shell. It looks cool and it sounds so cool too! 

You can have 2 pickups in one.

Plus, but that's totally my opinion, I really prefer the black look to the big poles. Looks more classy to me.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I can find virtually nothing on these basses. I’m considering one, vs a sire but there’s not much to go on. I’ve always wanted an infinity and have a hankering for the stingray sound. I’ve owned a sub before and it was great, but I don’t fancy one again. 
Anyone else got or had one of these?

18 hours ago, gafbass02 said:

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I can find virtually nothing on these basses. I’m considering one, vs a sire but there’s not much to go on. I’ve always wanted an infinity and have a hankering for the stingray sound. I’ve owned a sub before and it was great, but I don’t fancy one again. 
Anyone else got or had one of these?

I have a couple of them, both fivers, so I can give you a bit of a review.

The bad:

For me, the electronics were the first thing to throw out. Replaced with MEC 3-band but I'm sure you'll have your own preference. Hated the strings it came with, again that's personal, others might well love them. And on the natural finish, the neck joint is well made but the bit on the front looks a bit home-made when you look closely. I've put a sticker over it or I'd show you what I mean.

The good:

Almost the perfect fast 5-string neck for me. Shallow, not too broad and nice satin feel, and a wenge board too. The big cutout makes reaching the dusty end so much easier and more fun, though I guess for people without giant gibbon arms it might make the low notes more of a stretch. I don't find it so, anyway. The weird cutout round the strap button means it's a bit less liable to falling over. It's my live bass, sounds good and plays like a dream, but not so expensive I need to sell my house if it gets nicked.

Tl;dr: With a bit of work they're great bass guitars, if a bit rudimentary compared to the £7k German ones. Personally, I wouldn't pay over £500 new.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nige1968 said:

I have a couple of them, both fivers, so I can give you a bit of a review.

The bad:

For me, the electronics were the first thing to throw out. Replaced with MEC 3-band but I'm sure you'll have your own preference. Hated the strings it came with, again that's personal, others might well love them. And on the natural finish, the neck joint is well made but the bit on the front looks a bit home-made when you look closely. I've put a sticker over it or I'd show you what I mean.

The good:

Almost the perfect fast 5-string neck for me. Shallow, not too broad and nice satin feel, and a wenge board too. The big cutout makes reaching the dusty end so much easier and more fun, though I guess for people without giant gibbon arms it might make the low notes more of a stretch. I don't find it so, anyway. The weird cutout round the strap button means it's a bit less liable to falling over. It's my live bass, sounds good and plays like a dream, but not so expensive I need to sell my house if it gets nicked.

Tl;dr: With a bit of work they're great bass guitars, if a bit rudimentary compared to the £7k German ones. Personally, I wouldn't pay over £500 new.

Hope it helps.

That's brilliant, exactly what I expected to hear judging from the pics and my previous experience. Thanks so much for taking the time to help, I really, really appreciate it! 
Gaf