Why become a member? ×

Sigma Acoustic Bass - now TRADED
£175

andybassdoyle

A while ago I had an idea that an acoustic bass would be great for those gigs that are not really suitable for bass guitar but equally not for double bass.

Turns out there are none of these gigs. At least not for me.

So the good news is that if you are interested in an acoustic here is one up for grabs. To be honest I can't really tell you too much about it. Plays well and sounds good acoustically and amplified (via the built in fishman gubbings and tuner). Comfortable bass to play and, at least to my ears, a decent loud sound is projected.

I'm no expert on acoustic strings but I suspect it needs a new set.

No case or gig bag and shipping is extra, I will make sure it is well packed etc if you want it posted. Alternatively why not visit sunny Norwich and collect it in person...?

DSC_0424.thumb.JPG.32dfbe775af9c557c75716d97459d389.JPG

DSC_0432.thumb.JPG.fa3937d8eb1115fc48ca41519fd3f936.JPG

DSC_0428.thumb.JPG.557da1a404d9e9fdb670437f38673958.JPG

Edited by andybassdoyle

I had one of these - really decent!

sorely tempted, but I’ve just done a drunken eBay on a bass I’ll no doubt be listed next week as it’s a Fretless (and i already don’t play my Fretless...)

if it’s any use, this has a solid spruce top, laminate mahogany back and sides.

the necks on these are superb and they project well considering they’re not the biggest bass...

• 4 weeks later...

Dear all,

Quick update following some pm enquiries:

This is the BMC-1STE model. Unsure of the strings I'm afraid. The preamp is a fishman Isys+ and incorporates a tuner (which seems to work quite well in my experience).

Price is for the bass only. There is no case included and shipping is extra if that's what you need. I can and will make sure it's very well packed of course...

Hope that helps, HNY y'all!

• Like 1

Thanks all - nice to hear the good feedback. I've always considered it to be a nice bass but it's not my thing, pearls before swine and all that....

Anyhow, New Year, need it gone. Snap it up, make offers, deals to be done etc etc....