Why become a member? ×

deWhalley bass

Ricky 4000

Here's an unusual bass for sale on the 'bay -- made by Tim DeWhalley who made Ampro active electronics back in the 1980s. ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-DeWhalley-Bass-Guitar-In-Hard-Case/163396652617

I did a forum search for "dewhalley", and not one result came up.

Not for me, but somebody here might be interested in it!?

ATB - Phil

Edited by Ricky 4000

50 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I had it on watch list but bought an 80’s bb by accident and will have to stop looking on eBay to prevent further incidents 

Ooo, very nice. I'm ideally looking out for a J bass, one with that sweet raspy sound, that they don't all have... but I also keep scanning for Yamahas....

Is your BB a high-end model? I was wondering what the cheaper 234 and 400 series are like? Trying for a buget of around 3-400.

There's a BB N4 (J design) going very cheap - but it's very rough, and I know nothing about them.

I might just end up trying an RBX 374 because they're plentiful, and I like the look of the HH pups with the neat thumb rests.

But then there's the TRBX504....

Sorry, too many thoughts and questions.... 😖

Edited by Ricky 4000

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Ooo, very nice. I'm ideally looking out for a J bass, one with that sweet raspy sound, that they don't all have... but I also keep scanning for Yamahas....

Is your BB a high-end model? I was wondering what the cheaper 234 and 400 series are like? Trying for a buget of around 3-400.

There's a BB N4 (J design) going very cheap - but it's very rough, and I know nothing about them.

I might just end up trying an RBX 374 because they're plentiful, and I like the look of the HH pups with the neat thumb rests.

But then there's the TRBX504....

Sorry, too many thoughts and questions.... 😖

It’s not a higher end one...I’ve got a soft spot for them as a bb300 was my first bass

id say head over to the bb thread 😉

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...