Why become a member? ×

Bandlab analog interface help

artisan

As above HELP.

I bought this from my local music shop & was told I could use it to play my bass through my desktop pc or headphones.

Since I'm an old man I can't get it to work,I charged the battery,plugged my headphones in then plugged my bass into it & absolutely bugger all happened.

Total silence.

So I plugged into the audio in on my pc-still nothing.

Obviously it doesn't come with a user manual & I can't seem to get any info online.

So can anyone help an old man to use this bloody thing.

Cheers.

Yes the battery is charged,unit plugged into Audi input on my pc,software downloaded & running.

It doesn't see my bass at all,most odd.

If I plug my headphones into the unit I get total silence.

When plugged into my phone the app's tuner sees my bass but that is it,I cannot get any sound from anywhere 

I'd take the unit and your headphones back to the shop and get them to check it... The promo for this trades on the zero set-up required so it's odd you get nothing except the tuner. Possible failure in the output circuitry. Get the shop to check and maybe try another unit?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazzbass said:

analogue interface? via your mic input on the pc?

hope you didn't pay much for it. Why not a USB interface?

I cannot think why anyone would want such a device instead of a USB soundcard

It's what the shop sold me,I know nothing about such things.

I couldn't find any technical documentation for this online, and it does appear to have been developed primarily for use with smartphones (and not properly tested with a wide enough selection of devices if online reviews are a reliable indicator). Most of the devices aimed at the phone market are pants, and there are plenty of solutions that work independantly of other technology, or which are better suited for use with a PC in the £50-£120 price bracket.

The best place to start IMHO is to look at what you are wanting to do and the equipment you intend to hook up to

- do you need independance from mains electricity?

- do you want to record onto the computer?

- do you need a headphones only solution or are you wanting to use speakers as well?

• Like 1

I told the shop I wanted to be able to plug into my pc so I can play along with online bass lessons & jam with any music on my pc.

I'm not at all bothered about recording or using it with my mobile.

They sold me this ☹

I just had an email back from Banblab confirming that it doesn't work with pc,so I'll take it back for a refund.

Maybe I should just buy a practice amp lol 

There are a couple of optons that will work without reliance on complicated tech matters like driver installation etc.

Option 1 any practice amp, or effects unit with an AUX IN and Headphone out (Zoom B1on costs about £40)

Option 2 small notepad mixer - this is the solution I use, it allows me to control the volume of my speakers and headphones independantly, and mix in any signal I want quickly with easy adjustment of levels at my fingertips. Plenty of potential options if you go this route.

Thanks guys,food for thought.

While browsing I came across the Tascam US-1x2 interface which looks pretty good,any opinion on these.

The only think putting me off a practice amp the the extra clutter,we have a small house so room is a consideration,although I guess a Fender Rumble is fairly small.

Of course, I don't know what your PC is like but I'd have thought the average PC speakers, or even reasonably good ones, won't do a bass guitar justice. The same could be said of a really small practice amp however. I'd recommend a known-brand practice amp of around 30 watts. And I'd initially try it with whatever computer speakers you have now playing the music on the computer; and the bass just through the amp. If the amp overwhelms the computer speakers, then maybe link them up so the computer also plays through the amp (not the bass through the computer).

The Tascam unit is fine, and will do the job (and more...) with no fuss. I use a similar, but older unit as interface (US-144 Mk II...) bought s/h here, and am very content with it.
For headphone practise, it's hard to beat the Voxplug amps, which have an Aux in for playing along. You won't get more compact than that..!

• Thanks 1

The Tascam is fine for the job. Just bare in mind though, ( I am assuming) the PC speakers will more than likely be running off an onboard sound card. If so, unless you unplug the speakers and plug them into the Tascam, you will be using the Tascam to send the Audio/Bass signal into the PC/DAW and out via the Onboard card for monitoring. Just a case of configuring the Audio signals for in and out in the DAW. 

Edited by lowdown
  • Thanks 1