Why become a member? ×

Darkglass AO

danny-79

Ok so I’m seriously looking at getting one of theses. What’s the difference between them all ? 

There is the smaller one, the original version and a deluxe version with a graphic eq on it. I’m leaning towards the original version   Supposed my question is what’s the advantage to the deluxe and how does the smaller slimed version hold up ? There is roughly £100 difference between all three models sooooo what are your opinions and experience? 

Cheers Dan 

all of these are great, in the omicron you have a more raw take on it, whT you put in it does its thing too, if you set the Omega flat you get a similar thing but obviously you have that extra eq available to you which helps you tweak things to sort your set up even more, then the ultra goes a step above again.

giving even finer adjustment to the sound and having the emulated (i believe) di out, however for me the ultras having shared eq with the clean section of the pedals is a problem, however they still sound great!

Edited by 0175westwood29

Thanks. I’m going to go for the middle version. I think the Ultra might be a bit too much if that’s possible or too much for me anyway.

I will be nice to have the DI for support gigs when traveling light, straight to PA. 

Silly question but this now needs to go very last in the signal chain in order to include every pedal before it if not plugged into an amp, just direct to a pa ? 

5 hours ago, danny-79 said:

FAB86E3A-7392-4BB5-8C86-420AFAF71EBA.thumb.jpeg.4bf0a57c70bd9fe2b0486af1a0108764.jpegso I’m replacing #6 with the new AO. (#7 is under the board, Thumpinator) move the chorus #8 in and put the AO very last ? 

Confusing myself now 😜🤪😪

yeh if you want it to include all the effects in the di then yeh, honestly tho looking at your board it would mean putting the drive after your chorus so might not be where you want it?

4 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

yeh if you want it to include all the effects in the di then yeh, honestly tho looking at your board it would mean putting the drive after your chorus so might not be where you want it?

The OA is on order so it’s hypothetical atm. I’ll possibly just straight swap it and for fly gigs just live without the chorus would be the long term best solution