Why become a member? ×

Hello...in search of a particular bass

LALady

I'm totally new here and probably not of much interest to this crowd. My husband is the bass player in the family -- I'm just a fan. That said, I am looking for a particular bass for him, since he calls it "the one that got away". Bass in question is limited edition Music Man SSS four-string Big Al Dargie Delight (metallic green). Ebony fretboard. I feel like I'm looking for a snow leopard in New York City, but I want to try. Apologies if this is an inappropriate post. 

• Like 1

Hiya,

the dargie delight stuff was limited edition gear and the big al wasn’t produced as much as the other models...so yeah, needle/haystack situation.

it might be worth contacting Beaver Felton at Bass Central in the US who might have an idea where to find a used one (one of his regulars may want to shift one on?)

best of luck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/11/2018 at 18:21, LALady said:

I'm totally new here and probably not of much interest to this crowd. My husband is the bass player in the family -- I'm just a fan. That said, I am looking for a particular bass for him, since he calls it "the one that got away". Bass in question is limited edition Music Man SSS four-string Big Al Dargie Delight (metallic green). Ebony fretboard. I feel like I'm looking for a snow leopard in New York City, but I want to try. Apologies if this is an inappropriate post. 

hiya and wellcome . sorry cant help with the bass but someone on here might know