Why become a member? Read more... ×
Pea Turgh

Another “accidental” deko purchase

Again, a bass I don’t need, but I got so excited about actually seeing one actually available, I bought it.

£47 delivered for a jazz bass ain’t bad. Suspect I’ll be taking out a market place subscription soon, but until then...

5DB2E291-730E-49B3-A47F-0A4C3EA63397.jpeg

• Like 1

It's always interesting to see what constitutes a decorative bass, ill be following this

I had a 5 string fret less acoustic.

It needed a couple of hours sanding the fretboard to get a decent action. A lovely thing, but I never realy used it.

the only one i got that had an obvious issue was a PB50 which had a jack socket you couldn't get a jack in, 5 min job and the bass only cost around £23!

I've had a 5 String P/J bass and 5 String Acoustic. Nothing wrong with either of them.

I have had a deco one of these, ostensibly to defret. Despite weighing a ton, it had one of the best necks I have ever played, so I couldn't bear to wreck it. I already had a fretted jazz 4 that got more play time, so sadly this got passed on. Fingers crossed yours is as good.

So, it arrived.  I cannot find anything wrong with it, other than the D stamp.

It is heavy, and the action needs sorting, but it sounds wonderful!

I plugged it in to look for problems but just sat there noodling for ages. It’s great!

Unfortunately it will be leaving me this eve, as I feel guilty for spending money on something I don’t need, especially since my bitsa P just came back from my tech and it is out of this world.

Still, there is now a desire for a jazz in the collection...

72EAB1A0-433B-4F6D-8639-5868F74E1C9B.jpeg

How is that significantly different to a squier vmj - only the headstock as far as I can see

5 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

How is that significantly different to a squier vmj - only the headstock as far as I can see

I’ve never played one to compare sorry.  It would be an easy job to “Fenderize” the headstock though!

Edited by Pea Turgh