Why become a member? ×

Calling it a day

kevvo66

Well I've been pondering for a while now ,no proper band and only jamming now and then ,me and my musical journey on bass  have finally come to a end .its a sad day indeed ,the band scene is not great around here either no more  , so I'm gonna concentrate on my first love which is acoustic guitar ,take care everyone , over and out 👍

Edited by kevvo66
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, kevvo66 said:

Well I've been pondering for a while now ,no proper band and only jamming now and then ,me and my musical journey on bass  have finally come to a end .its a sad day indeed ,the band scene is not great around here either no more  , so I'm gonna concentrate on my first love which is acoustic guitar ,take care everyone , over and out 👍

Was thinking of doing this but keep thinking something might crop up but doesn't lol....been out of a band 4 years now and was seriously considering the solo acoustic route...but all open mic nights are during the week and I work nights so no chance there....but enjoyed many years of gigging in the past and I don't let it bother me now...I just plug away on both guitar and bass...best of luck with the new venture.

Edited by thebigyin

54 minutes ago, kevvo66 said:

Get yourself over to our sister site guitarchat.co.uk :)

44 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Good luck with whatever you decide, but please don't rule out returning to the bass.

All the best.

+1

IMO, playing music's a life-long journey and you never know what's round the corner..

Best of luck with it, whatever you end up doing. 😊

Edited by silverfoxnik
  • Like 1

I think a lot of us have felt the same over the years. I had a long period where I barely touched a bass through university and just played excessive amounts of soppy, mopey drivel on acoustic guitar.

I love acoustic guitar and always keep one freshly strung and ready to go at home. Enjoy your acoustic playing, go and get yourself a lovely acoustic with the money you get from bass gear sales and go and get a real cheap playable bass to our in the corner just in case.

• Like 2

Best of luck with whichever musical path you choose to take in the future 👍

I stopped playing several times, for several years each time. I agree with the earlier post that keeping the motivation to play bass without a band can be a struggle.

I’m currently taking a forced sabbatical from playing in a band due to family reasons, but on this occasion I’m using the limited time I do still have available to study and practice, going back to re-educate myself on playing so that when I do eventually get back to playing with the band, I’ll be a better player.

• Like 1

Cheers people ,you're a lovely bunch and all your posts are much appreciated as always ,I won't stray far from the fold , I've met some of you over the years and some I haven't,all of you a lovely bunch ,big love too you all ❤️

• Like 4