Why become a member? ×

FS Precision P/J (Fender/Tonerider) **SOLD**
£250

Beedster

Another bitsa Precision on its way out!

I bought the body on eBay last week (it was also listed on BC although I didn't see it 

All of the details re the PUPs and hardware are in the above, please take a look. It's certainly not pristine but its got a lovely light oil finish, and the Tonerider PUPs are actually surprisingly good, helped hugely by the push/pull options on both volume pots (above)

The neck is Fender MIJ '62 RI bough from the US. I've had it for about two years and whilst it's been played a lot in that time, the plan was always to strip it back and oil it, as it currently has a rather heavier than I'd prefer finish, and whilst if feels pretty similar to the finish on most Fender necks, in a couple of places, notably the heel, it doesn't look quite so good (see photos below). It will probably also need some work on the frets at some stage, as if the action is taken down low there's a couple of buzzes towards the dusty end. However, what this neck really does have going for it is a truly stunning proper old school dark rosewood board that really does look like it's been played since '62. I know that I'm going to be looking at a few quid to get the neck the way I want it - don't get me wrong, it's entirely playable now, I'm just bloody fussy about necks - so as I'm in a clear-out frame of mind, am listing this at what is a very very good price for a out of the box versatile, gigable and pretty stunning looking bass. 

So, photos :)

IMG_7864.thumb.JPG.c8798d16a1bdcd53d44000c64a6e550f.JPGIMG_7865.thumb.JPG.ee1d01bcea8981eda98e3a9047e19602.JPGIMG_7866.thumb.JPG.52fec28981ab80ac89e0c29ae413924e.JPGIMG_7872.thumb.JPG.ca34ca3db1159baebb2eac11a4970f13.JPGIMG_7875.thumb.JPG.a6ed08661c04cf752abde55734e60b27.JPGIMG_7877.thumb.JPG.527518ed7a47d4e2bdd0f048057f4ced.JPG

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

Bump, really quite like this bass so wasn't too stressed when it didn't sell, but kinda need to make some space in my studio and fill some space in my finances at the same time, so back up for sale. It's a lovely little player and very versatile for a passive instrument. Far from boutique for sure, but at this price..........

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

• gary mac locked this topic
  • MB1 unlocked this topic
  • gary mac locked this topic
  • MB1 unlocked this topic