Why become a member? ×

Culture Club cancel (again)

police squad

Antwerp and Amsterdam due to logistics apparently.

I booked for Antwerp ( it's actually easier for me because I live near the channel Tunnel)

I re-downloaded my tickets on the day before the gig and drove to Antwerp. Found where I was staying and thought we would trot up to the venue, scope it out, then dinner.

Got to the venue and nothing. Not even a sign saying cancelled.

It had been cancelled 3 days before. Maybe I should have checked. Maybe and more importantly, the ticket sales/venue etc should have emailed me that it was off. After all they confirmed it by  email.

Still had a wonderful curry in the town centre and met some great people where we were staying.

Boy George you can stick it mate

1 hour ago, steantval said:

I personally wouldn’t go to my local pub to see Boy George, his voice is totally shot.

Yes, it’s a shame but that great voice of his has, like Elvia, left the building. I watched the BBC4 show and was saddened by how poor his voice is now.

Never really understood the attraction of Culture Club, being a little punk and all that. Many years ago, in their heyday, the then girlfriend was heavily into them. One day after listening to yet more trout about Culture Club spill from her gob I said, "He is gay you know". Said woman promptly threw an eppy and ditched me :lol: Didn't see her again for many years. When I did (two years ago) I said, "Told you he was gay". She very reluctantly said, "I know"".  All was well and we had a good laugh about it. 😂