Why become a member? ×

STOLEN: Unique Dingwall Super J5
£9999

therealting

Hope this is ok to post here, am really gutted about losing this one.

0B6009A0-E373-4CA5-896A-D8549186B448.thumb.jpeg.897d19a1b18e560a56870225c71243d1.jpeg

Please spread the word and look out for my unique Dingwall Super J5 bass guitar (pictured on the right) which was stolen today.

I arrived home to find out that my house had been burgled while I was at work. This has been one of my biggest nightmares, particularly as I have indoor cats and have always been terrified that they’d escape and get lost or run over, but despite the door being kicked in and open they were still around. This is more important than anything else, so I consider myself very fortunate indeed.

All 12+ of my watches were taken too, but this bass (the one on the right in the first photo) is the thing I’d really like back.

The key distinguishing features are the fanned frets, the brown pearloid pickguard, white pearloid block inlays on the fingerboard, a Sadowsky preamp, Luminlay side dots and a plexiglass ramp between the pickups. There is a Hipshot D-Tuner on the low B string with a double-stop lever, and the back of the headstock has been signed by Sheldon Dingwall of @dingwallguitars.

This instrument has huge sentimental value to me - I saved up for a long time to buy it, and went on to save up for its twin Super P5. I would be prepared to offer a £300 cash reward - no questions asked - split between those responsible for its return, or donated to a charity of your choice.

My thanks to the gentlemen from the police (who said several homes on my road got targeted) who helped secure my door until I can get it sorted out.

Thanks for sharing this - really, really hope I get this bass back!

@sadowskyguitars #dingwall #bass #guitar #stolen

https://instagram.com/p/Bqu8HSAHaW3/

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

Thanks guys, I’m in London SE3. Also realised that my Godin Multiac Nylon SA is gone (I played the Royal Albert Hall with it), and the beautiful 98 Sadowsky NYC Strat I bought from Roger himself at his workshop a few years ago is missing. Gutted.

Here are the Facebook links if anyone would like to share. Very appreciated.

• Sad 1

This sucks. Have a bump. Probably won't help, but truly, my heart goes out to you.

I don't condone theft in any form, but there's something particulary sh*tty about stealing instruments from a muso. We battle to get these instruments, they're not cheap, and we make all sorts of compromises to get them, then to have someone treat it like a bloody high end TV or laptop is infuriating.