Why become a member? ×

Sold, mods please close. Fender MIM Jazz, White, Mint condition
£450

Marc S

Price Drop: Now £400
In my eternal quest for the "perfect jazz", I'm selling this rather lovely (quite new) MIM Jazz bass, in near mint condition. 
I'm selling to make room & funds my next purchase... (aren't we all? lol)
It looks a real beauty, in stunning condition (one teeny tiny ding I can see - but can't get my phone to focus on). I think this one is a very recent model (MX1793063636 serial number) and has a Pau Ferro fretboard, which I like the look of.
The last owner never gigged it, and didn't seem to play it much as far as I can see. The strings still sound brand new. Weight is around 4.3kg (I'll get an accurate weight soon)

Normally, I'm not fussed on white scratchplates - so I bought a Tort one which was listed as being suitable to fit a MIM Jazz - all the screw holes seem to line up perfectly. On this bass, I think the white scratchplate looks rather nice, and quite classy - so I decided to leave it there. You can have the tort one if you prefer - I'll even chuck both in, so you can dither and ponder about swapping them yourself :) 

I'm now throwing in a choice of either a Fender Red badge shaped hard case, or an old Roadworn brown G&G Fender bass case (I believe this was from an AVRI)
No trades please.
Collection from near Cardiff. Or we could possibly arrange to meet up - I hate posting basses, and would much prefer you tried it. I've got a vox battery headphone amp, and a Roland Micro bass amp to test without mains, if we meet at motorway services

EDIT: Tea provided at my place, when you come to test drive.

IMG_20181127_190720298.jpg

IMG_20181127_190734813.jpg

IMG_20181127_190751342.jpg

IMG_20181127_190823238.jpg

IMG_20181127_191026782.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bassfan said:

Marc is a top BC’er people.  Deal with confidence!

Lovely looking jazz mate. 

Thanks for that mate. Yes, it's fab, and in stunning condition. I still can't decide on the white scratchplate or the tort one.

On 02/12/2018 at 01:38, bassfan said:

White pearl would look great!

I had thought about that too. But as I say above - I don't normally like white scratchplates
However, on this bass it does look nice - it's got a classy look to it IMO
But you're right bassfan, Off-white Pearloid would look nice too. Mustn't buy any more accessories for it - I want to sell lol

That's a cracking looking Jazz Mr Bassfan :)
I particularly like the block inlays on the neck
I've actually got a set of the stick-on ones, which I was also thinking of using on this white Jazz of mine
I've used the stick on block "inlays" before, and they're not bad you know

Of course, you can't beat the real thing, and with the bound edges too..... mmmm 

Edited by Marc S

On 04/12/2018 at 12:29, Marc S said:

That's a cracking looking Jazz Mr Bassfan :)
I particularly like the block inlays on the neck
I've actually got a set of the stick-on ones, which I was also thinking of using on this white Jazz of mine
I've used the stick on block "inlays" before, and they're not bad you know

Of course, you can't beat the real thing, and with the bound edges too..... mmmm 

😢 I do kind of regret letting it go, but I needed to fund the gas somehow and one had to go!

• Like 1

The Jazz I was after has sadly gone. So I'm just adding the possibility of a trade, for a Fender Roadworn Jazz - obviously with cash your way,
for anyone wanting a less expensive Jazz and some cash :)

Edited by Marc S

Special offer for the new year;

2nd price drop, plus you can have either a Fender red badge shaped hard case, or a G&G vintage Fender case with this - or well padded gig bag if you prefer

Edited by Marc S