Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Jazz and USA Squier P-J Pickups for Sale ,NOW SOLD
£75

I have the following for sale:

Fender American Classic 2012 Precision Bass Pickups as new: 10.9 resistance, £40 plus postage. An ideal upgrade for  a Squier.

A Squier P-J set from an Indonesian 2006 Bass. I swapped these out for some SD's so the Jazz pickup cover is the SD one, as it would not fit the Bass. However if you did a swap out  just put the pickup in  your original Jazz cover too. These would be ideal to upgrade an Infinity series Bass. P: 9.9,J: 6.2 resistance £30 25 plus postage. I have been told these are actually  US sourced.

Just found another Squier VM Jazz Bridge Pickup too, no idea of vintage. It has allen-socket adjustable pole pieces. 9.2 Resistance so hot! £12.50 10.00 plus postage, photo now below.

P1040991.thumb.JPG.dd204da1851057688239c5e53c8aa822.JPG

As promised below, photos of the Squier VM Bridge Jazz Pickup

P1050003.thumb.JPG.e9df56d063183348149fd04edd93ccfb.JPG

P1050025.thumb.JPG.96af9c9195a5ff18fb092ea36260262b.JPG

Edited by yorks5stringer

35 minutes ago, bassix said:

When you say US classic what do you mean? Is it the custom shop 60s that came in the US Standards?

Dunno, this is the ad I bought them from:

I'm not an expert at the nuances of Fender Pickups but given CS ones cost £120 a set and I paid £45, I doubt it!

Hope you don't mind....That jazz one you have with the allen key pole pieces...from the top and underside pictures it looks more like a DiMarzio DP style jazz as I've never seen a Fender one with adjustable pole pieces...great idea though.

Excellent pickups.

There should be a DiMarzio stamp on the cover I think, difficult to tell anything with the picture.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mybass said:

Hope you don't mind....That jazz one you have with the allen key pole pieces...from the top and underside pictures it looks more like a DiMarzio DP style jazz as I've never seen a Fender one with adjustable pole pieces...great idea though.

Excellent pickups.

There should be a DiMarzio stamp on the cover I think, difficult to tell anything with the picture.

Pretty sure it was sold to me as a Fender but I'll do a trawl through old PM's and clarify as I would never wish to intentionally mislead.

Update it was sold to me as a Squier VM pickup, now not sure what the hell it is!.

Edited by yorks5stringer

Here is a pic of a DiMarzio jazz pup DP123 off the website...I then found Squire's site and there is your pup on a VM Precision bass...Apparently the Squire VMs once had Seymour Duncan Design pups before Fender used their own so possibly they had DiMarzio 'design' ones too. Arguably the Dimarzio could be a bit better pup than the stock ones now used.

DP123BK.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 13.59.56.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 14.03.57.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mybass said:

Here is a pic of a DiMarzio jazz pup DP123 off the website...I then found Squire's site and there is your pup on a VM Precision bass...Apparently the Squire VMs once had Seymour Duncan Design pups before Fender used their own so possibly they had DiMarzio 'design' ones too. Arguably the Dimarzio could be a bit better pup than the stock ones now used.

DP123BK.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 13.59.56.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 14.03.57.png

Very similar, the guy I bought it off had the same Bass too. Thanks for clarifying 

• Josh locked this topic