Why become a member? ×

Palmer Pocket Amp Review

HughRichardson

I’ve used their guitar pocket amp the same way for a few years for bass & it is really good for practice & play along with iPhone etc .. bet the bass version is better .. only thing I’d say regarding your review is that you could actually show how it sounds .. I do realise it was just a ‘quick ‘ review tho :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marcoelwray said:

Looks nice, but what about the autonomy, and price?

Looking into something like this but the Phil Jones Big Head was a good solution for me...

The price wasn't too bad. I paid about £135 which was around $200 at the time I think. If you've got a solution that works for you though maybe it's not worth the money?

19 hours ago, sifi2112 said:

I’ve used their guitar pocket amp the same way for a few years for bass & it is really good for practice & play along with iPhone etc .. bet the bass version is better .. only thing I’d say regarding your review is that you could actually show how it sounds .. I do realise it was just a ‘quick ‘ review tho :)

Thanks for the feedback! I did wonder about this but I was also thinking "I don't want to bore people" hahaha 

Good to know for next time! :)

Guest Marcoelwray
2 minutes ago, HughRichardson said:

The price wasn't too bad. I paid about £135 which was around $200 at the time I think. If you've got a solution that works for you though maybe it's not worth the money?

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well; I'm looking for a similar solution, I'm interested in the PJ but the price isn't really helpful (but, there is a huge battery in it), it's just for practicing in my home without moving the gear... Looks interesting too, thanks for the review!

1 hour ago, Marcoelwray said:

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well; I'm looking for a similar solution, I'm interested in the PJ but the price isn't really helpful (but, there is a huge battery in it), it's just for practicing in my home without moving the gear... Looks interesting too, thanks for the review!

Ah ok I get you. This is exactly the reason I got the pocket amp and it's been one of the best investments I've ever made. You just need some good headphones and you're good to go. Well worth a look and you can always send it back if you don't like it.

Hugh

• 2 years later...