Why become a member? ×

I hate people like this...

Cicero

Antidote - focus on the music not the makers... if it's good, then it's good regardless of the politics, facial hair or microchips of the music maker. (I guess enjoying say, Hitler's music if he were a composer might cause an ethical dilemma but for most situations I recommend the above...)

** Edit: the opposite also applies - not everything this next generation of multi-instrumentalists and hyper-bassists is good, regardless of pedigree, chops, #strings, etc.

Edited by visog
  • Like 1

Wow, do I love this. Its not too far removed from my own stuff that I write but more complicated and technical but in a similar vein. Totally love it. The piano is gorgeous but that bass sound is to die for, its like having warm sweet honey trickle into your ears, its just lovely. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

... You know, the ridiculously creative, talented multi-instrumentalist types.

Nope... Not jealous 🤔

Neither of them have a partner as beautiful as yours, or a car as cools as yours, or can drink the amount you can without passing out though....and they are definitely not as good in bed....

**Barstewards!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Cicero said:

... You know, the ridiculously creative, talented multi-instrumentalist types.

Nope... Not jealous 🤔

I like what they do and the sound they make..

The two guys are clearly talented musicians and what they're doing really well with the technology that's available to them, is a very good pastiche of the great chill-out funky, soul music I first heard back in the 70s.

Personally, I prefer listening to the original artists that did this sort of music, who made their music/records with a collective group of musicians who all contributed to the whole sound and vibe, but I get that it's not like that these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, visog said:

Antidote - focus on the music not the makers...

Exactly.

Unfortunately the only interesting thing about the music in the OP is that it is being generated in real time by just two musicians. Without the video evidence (and even the video itself is rather dull once you've got the gimmick), there would be nothing special about this "tune".

Like it a lot, reminds me of lots of 70's music. Just remember that Mike Oldfield did it alone in the studio and strangely live playing a P-Bass most of the time with guests as there were no easy to use looper at the time... Influence ?

Hope there is an album out and some live shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gpw5150 said:

Neither of them have a partner as beautiful as yours, or a car as cools as yours, or can drink the amount you can without passing out though....and they are definitely not as good in bed....

**Barstewards!

I guess I should be very concerned... 🤔😂

• Haha 1