Why become a member? ×

Genzler Magellan 350

Mykesbass

On tour, and was passing Leamington Spa, so naturally had to take a look in Bass Direct. Ended up totally smitten by the Genzler in the shop. Today it got its first outing at the Bullingdon, Oxford. FMOB - it's a little beauty. Clear, articulate, trouser flapping, deep but clear. Go and get one NOW!!

IMG_20181127_163937.jpg

@Mykesbass enjoy your new amp, they are fantastic :)

I've got the Magellan 350 too, bought as a back up to my Magellan 800 B| They are seriously great sounding, versatile amps. The 350 has more power and volume than most of us are ever likely to realistically need, I've never needed to push my master volume above 9 o'clock. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. We had our first rehearsal since the tour, so I took this along as the supplied bass gear is typical of rehearsal rooms - a bit of an afterthought. I plugged the Genzler into one of the room's Hartke Transporter 410s and it still sounded pretty damned great!! Not particularly loud, and one of the cones was farting, but so much better than when I've used my Carvin or their matching Hartke head.