Why become a member? Read more... ×
Silvia Bluejay

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

1 hour ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The Excel, where at least a couple of Drum Shows have been held in the past (I attended one of them), is a cavernous, characterless, uninviting horrible place with dreadful acoustics. Not to mention it's as far away from Heathrow as you can be and still be in London (-ish),

Nah, that's Croydon.

• Like 1

Where's Boris Island when we need it?

On 07/12/2018 at 15:14, Rich said:

I fully understand. I just wish that big events like this weren't always so London-centric.

IMO it's far better that they are in London, as there's a ton of other things you can there do if the show turns out to be boring. You can't say the same if it's out at the NEC or somewhere similar.

In the 90s I used to go to the annual MacUser Show at Earls Court which kept me occupied for a morning while I checked out the exhibitors, signed up for beta testing programs and perhaps got a show deal on some hardware or software I was after. Then in the afternoon, I could go shopping and/or visit one of the museums in London. 

I also used to go the IPEX - the big printing exhibition at the NEC, where there was nothing to do once I had checked out all the various exhibitors I was interested in except go back home (or if was really unlucky and in the company of my office manger, go back to work).

• Like 1