Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

Silvia Bluejay

22 hours ago, bnt said:

Got an email from the organisers that included mention of an after-show gig on Saturday evening at a pub called the Lexington, also in Islington.

so does anyone know how is entry for this organised? only Saturday ticket holders get to get in, or no tickets necessary at all? the email doesn't say much ...

4 hours ago, Romeo2 said:

so does anyone know how is entry for this organised? only Saturday ticket holders get to get in, or no tickets necessary at all? the email doesn't say much ...

In the past, it's just been a gig/jam at the local pub, so probably just a walk in job.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Romeo2 said:

I have a spare ticket for the Sunday, would anyone like to swap for a Saturday ticket?

I’m pretty sure you can change days with the same ticket. There was a post by the organisers earlier in thread about this IIRC.

• Thanks 1

Well, at the risk of being flamed I'm sticking my neck out and saying  I'm not going, despite the waste of a ticket.  I have scoured the programme and can't see its more than a pale shadow of last year's event. If I lived in norf Larndon and it was a few minutes walk away perhaps, but I'm not juddering across half of Britain on a bus and rail combination for what's listed.  No early bird ticket for me next year, I'm waiting to see the full programme, even if buying late will cost me more.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

Well, at the risk of being flamed I'm sticking my neck out and saying  I'm not going, despite the waste of a ticket.  I have scoured the programme and can't see its more than a pale shadow of last year's event. If I lived in norf Larndon and it was a few minutes walk away perhaps, but I'm not juddering across half of Britain on a bus and rail combination for what's listed.  No early bird ticket for me next year, I'm waiting to see the full programme, even if buying late will cost me more.  

I think the statistics show that it’s actually bigger than last year, bass wise.

I’m waiting to hear the verdicts of those attending today before making the two and a half hour trek down from the Midlands. At the moment, the only draw is an opportunity to meet Basschat’s very own Dan Veall and maybe other BC’ers too

2 minutes ago, MoJo said:

I’m waiting to hear the verdicts of those attending today before making the two and a half hour trek down from the Midlands. At the moment, the only draw is an opportunity to meet Basschat’s very own Dan Veall and maybe other BC’ers too

He’s worth the trip alone 💓 

2 minutes ago, MoJo said:

He only lives up the road from me so I can see him a lot easier than going to the smoke :)

58 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

sorry to hear it ,, tho i guess i would be the same if it was say, a jam session bash ,, cool feet ,, stage fright ?? ,,, i call it stage sickness = after 3 mins i get bored " even tho i don't believe in boredom ,,

yes i live so close i could take a long morning walk to get there ,, well ? we will report back in a few hours ,,

a thumbs up thumbs down report as this could be The last LBGS ,, maybe the 1st LBGS in its new format  ,, ; )

ps with all those long hair guitarist turning up ,, i am taking Flea Spray 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MoJo said:

that is how / why i joined Bass Chat ,, i always see the hosts at the LBGS  ,, really nice people ,, great levels of details on the show / Bass / Music , they asked me numerous years to join their site  after getting a Bass Chat tag holder ,i joined ; )

Edited by Bean9seventy

Well, I'm not going to make it today, as my son is home from uni and I was working all week.

I'll have a think about tomorrow, but I've got a load of stuff to do too, so will see if I've got time (travel is 2+ hours each way to go 40 miles and the event closes at 4).

1 hour ago, MoJo said:

; D Breaking News 

mildland bass player Pulls out of the quote " norf landan " bash and wants to know what its like before going ,,,, ??

?? are you jasper carrot ; or Dave Swift ; D ,,  a bit ,,, ??

; D ps if you are Lenny Henry ,, you would probably have to wait until the pub bash gets going ,, before anyone wants to hear you sing ,, thanks man

18 minutes ago, Bean9seventy said:

; D Breaking News 

mildland bass player Pulls out of the quote " norf landan " bash and wants to know what its like before going ,,,, ??

?? are you jasper carrot ; or Dave Swift ; D ,,  a bit ,,, ??

; D ps if you are Lenny Henry ,, you would probably have to wait until the pub bash gets going ,, before anyone wants to hear you sing ,, thanks man

Closer to Dave Swift than Jasper (the latter being a Brummie and Dave and I, Yam-Yams. We don’t mention Lenny Henry in these parts 😆

8 hours ago, MoJo said:

Closer to Dave Swift than Jasper (the latter being a Brummie and Dave and I, Yam-Yams. We don’t mention Lenny Henry in these parts 😆

oh right a bit ,, well ? i have just got back from The LBGS  it was ,,,,,,, ???

drum roll ,,,,,,,

just like the previous bashes ,, with less pressure on noise due to it being in a large beautiful victorian building ,,

100% sad not to see Rotosound there tho ,, i still say they do the best strings ,,,,

i met one of the bass chat organizers  in "The Bass corner"  with a few bigger name bass players ,,

so thumbs up ,, the guitarists never stood a chance l ))  not so many ott weird expensive basses on the stands this year ,,

i thought the " Brian May " stand stood out ,, fantastic guitars ,, and with  bass " Oliver Lang " Anaconda " and a small Dutch stand " Roks "

it was getting funky in that area of the bash ,, quote by a bass chat host ,, as the bass corner

Gallien Krueger had it all sewn up and Warrickt too ,, the warrick stand was on the other side ,,, & finally Fender was back but only for guitars ,, 

fender gives you the official bash vibe ,

And" Dave Swift was there ; D ,, great guy

ps he was the guy who told me about the LBGS bash way back in 2010 ?

thanks guys

There were more exhibitors and more visitors. The noise was slightly less harsh than it would have been in a smaller, flat-ceilinged hall, but it was still tiring to the ears, with distorted guitar soloing and loud bass slapping. The place, however, is beautiful.

990305443_LBGS2019Day1081(2)_PS.thumb.jpg.230c7fadbba8f06a4b4b1e04c5c0d77b.jpg

277224563_LBGS2019Day1079(2)_PS.thumb.jpg.46efff95c6d003d6806f6b61de5c25a4.jpg

1093342207_LBGS2019Day1072(2)_PS.thumb.jpg.68f42c32c1d46bc1e1899290cebc59c4.jpg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Like 3